Video: TAPS Mission Impact
Author: TAPS Media
Over 75,000 surviving military family members are part of the TAPS family. They are fully supported 24/7 with compassionate care by a professional staff trained in best practices and offering resources for hope and healing. Thanks to the support of our donors in 2017, TAPS achieved amazing milestones throughout the year in providing comfort to the TAPS family. We hope you'll watch our Mission Impact video and know that we appreciate your support and commitment to TAPS.
In 2017 we...
- CONNECTED nearly 6,000 new survivors with grief resources and survivor care
- WELCOMED 16 new survivors per day with immediate support and outreach
- ANSWERED 17,125 calls to the 24/7 National Military Survivor Helpline
- ASSISTED families in obtaining 5 million dollars in retroactive casework benefits
- HELPED children and spouses of the fallen obtain 84.7 million dollars in education scholarships
- GARNERED 652,162 in social media followers helping to spread the news about our mission
- VALUED over 3 million dollars in volunteer hours donated
- SENT 2,582 resource kits to newly bereaved families
- HONORED 48,699 families with remembrance cards and notes on their fallen hero's angelversary or birthday
- EARNED 652,162 hits on our newly designed website
- TRAINED 1,500 new military mentors and paired them with children of the fallen
Select image below to play.