Put Me in Coach: TAPS Young Adult Coaching Series
Military surviving children or sibling ages of 18 to 25 years old grieving the loss of a loved one who served in the Armed Forces are warmly invited to join this Young Adult Virtual Experience.
Young Adult Virtual Experiences offer real-world life skills to military surviving children and siblings, ages 18 - 25 years. The purpose of this program is to ease the transition into adulthood for our young survivors as we guide them utilizing workshops and hands-on experience in Five Core Pillars: Personal Development, Career Guidance, Financial Stability, Communications, And Service To Others.
The Put Me in Coach program will fulfill the mission of the Young Adult Program by pairing our Young Adults one on one with one of our wonderful TAPS Group Leader volunteers, and together they navigate lessons in each of the 5 Pillars during a 10 week series of curriculum.
- To create an environment that young adults feel mentored and guided through the 5 Pillars of the Young Adult Program
- The mentee and coach establish a foundation of trust and community
- Create realistic goals for young adult
- Earn skills in professional networking
- Develop communication skills for personal and professional use
Entry Form Details
This online entry request form (look for the blue button at the top of this page) will open on November 1, 2020 and close November 20, 2020.
Please note the following event and participation criteria:
- Participant to be a military surviving child or sibling
- Within the ages of 18 to 25 years old
- Complete high school by at the start of this event
- Be willing to participate two hours per week for the entirety of the 10 week series.
If you have any questions, please email YoungAdults@taps.org or call 800-959-TAPS (8277) and ask for the Young Adult Program.