Join us virtually in celebration of 20 years of raising funds and awareness for the Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors (TAPS)!
TAPS provides direct support to families who have been impacted by the death of a military loved one.
Whether you choose to participate in an organized virtual race, run or walk; complete 20 miles in observance of our 20th anniversary; bike, swim, dance or do your own distance, Team TAPS welcomes you to join the FUN-raising and make a difference!
Let’s all work together to celebrate these incredible 20 years of Team TAPS while honoring the lives of our fallen heroes—and supporting the families who have been left behind!
Over the last 20 years TAPS supporters have run, walked, biked and swam in honor of our fallen heroes. Listen to the Team TAPS story.
Surviving military widows, Marie Campbell and Lori (Hunter) Musselman joined each other to participate in the 25th Marine Corps Marathon in October of 2000.
How to Join
1) You can choose to do your own personal activity in honor of your fallen hero or register and pay for your entry at the event of your choice's website. This time of year, there are many great holiday runs, such as Jingle Bell Jogs and Turkey Trots.
Join your TAPS family all across America on Thanksgiving morning for our informal Team TAPS Turkey Trot! Pick your distance, time, etc. (running, walking, biking, etc...) from wherever you are on Thanksgiving morning, and join your TAPS family across America thinking about/sharing three things:
- A gift, honor, or memory your fallen loved one gave you.
- In this challenging year of 2020, what is something positive you received?
- That no matter where you are, your TAPS family is with you.
2) Create your TAPS fundraising website. There is not a registration fee to register with TAPS. (All ages welcome!) Each Team TAPS participant will receive:
- Fallen Hero Honor Bib (to be printed out by participant).
- Raise $200 and receive a Team TAPS signature singlet/jersey or technical tee.
- Raise $400 or more receive Team TAPS signature singlet/jersey or technical tee and a Team TAPS commemorative medal.
See our Frequently Asked Questions for more information.