TAPS is partnering with the Los Angeles Rams for a unique opportunity to honor and recognize fallen service men and women and the families they left behind. The Los Angeles Rams will host TAPS Families for a Salute to Service Weekend, November 10 – 11, 2018, and honor our fallen heroes during their Salute to Service game on November 11, 2018.
Los Angeles Rams’ players will wear the initials of a Fallen Hero on their helmets and the families of the fallen will be recognized during the game. The program will pay tribute to the men and women with a family or military connection to the state of California who died while serving in the armed forces, or who died from injuries sustained while serving in the post 9/11 era.
In addition to game day ceremonies, the Los Angeles Rams have extended an invitation for the families to join the team at practice on Saturday morning (November 10) at the Los Angeles Rams Training Facility at Cal Lutheran University in Thousand Oaks, California.
Lodging and transportation arrangements will be the responsibility of each attending family.
This online entry request form closed on Monday, August 27, 2018.
- If there are more than 21 families interested in the program, there will be a random selection process, which means that some will not be selected. We will send out notifications the week of September 3, 2018.
- For the selected families, four (4) members from each fallen hero's family will participate in the honor and recognition events during the Salute to Service Weekend. If your family does participate in the event, the four family representatives must be available on both November 10 and November 11, 2018 and must attend all scheduled events.
- For the 21 selected families, the Los Angeles Rams will provide each family with four tickets to the game, an invitation to a private team practice, and a special gift from the team.
- At this time, this opportunity is not available to those families whose Fallen Heroes have been previously honored with helmet decals at a Salute to Service event with TAPS in the past three years.
- If your family does participate in the event, you will need to provide a high resolution photo and biography of your loved one as well as a family biography for those attending. This information will be shared with media and Rams fans to educate them on our Fallen Heroes and this military recognition program.
We are grateful to our friends at the Los Angeles Rams for this occasion to honor and recognize our loved ones.