Carolina Panthers Salute to Service Weekend for TAPS Families
TAPS is partnering with the Carolina Panthers and the USO of North Carolina for a unique opportunity to honor and recognize fallen service men and women and the families they left behind. The Carolina Panthers will host TAPS Families for a Salute to Service Weekend, November 3-4, 2018, and honor our fallen heroes during their Salute to Service game on November 4, 2018.
Carolina Panthers' players will wear the initials of a Fallen Hero on their helmets and the families of the fallen will be recognized during the game. The program will pay tribute to the men and women with a family or military connection to the Carolinas who died while serving in the armed forces, or who died from injuries sustained while serving in the post 9/11 era.
In addition to game day ceremonies, the Carolina Panthers have extended an invitation for the families to join the team at practice on Saturday morning (November 3) at Bank of America Stadium.
The Carolina Panthers will provide two nights' lodging to TAPS Families participating in the Salute to Service on Saturday, November 3 and Sunday, November 4, 2018.
Transportation for the Salute to Service weekend is the responsibility of each attending family.
This online entry request form opened on Tuesday, August 21, 2018 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern and will close on Friday, August 31, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern.
- If there are more than 21 families interested in the program, there will be a random selection process, which means that some will not be selected. We will send out notifications the week of September 3, 2018.
- For the selected families, up to three (3) members from each fallen hero's family will participate in the honor and recognition events during the Salute to Service Weekend. If your family does participate in the event, the same family representatives must be available on both November 3 and November 4, 2018, and must attend all scheduled events.
- For the 21 selected families, the Carolina Panthers will provide each family with up to three tickets to the game, an invitation to a private team practice, two nights' lodging, and a special gift from the team.
- At this time, this opportunity is not available to those families whose Fallen Heroes have been previously honored with helmet decals at a Salute to Service event with TAPS in the past three years.
- If your family does participate in the event, you will need to provide a high resolution photo and biography of your loved one as well as a family biography for those attending. This information will be shared with media and Panthers' fans to educate them on our Fallen Heroes and this military recognition program.
We are grateful to our friends at the Carolina Panthers and the USO of North Carolina for this occasion to honor and recognize our loved ones.