Atlanta Falcons Salute to Service for TAPS Families
TAPS is partnering with the Atlanta Falcons and Head Coach Dan Quinn for a unique opportunity to honor and recognize fallen service men and women and the families they left behind. The Atlanta Falcons will host TAPS Families for a Salute to Service Weekend, November 16 – 19, 2018, and honor our fallen heroes with their full roster during their Salute to Service game on November 18, 2018.
63 Falcons’ players will wear the initials of a Fallen Hero on their helmets and the families of the fallen will be recognized during the game. The program will pay tribute to the men and women who died while serving in the U.S. Armed Forces, or who died from injuries sustained while serving, in the post 9/11 era.
In addition to game day ceremonies, the Atlanta Falcons and Coach Quinn have extended an invitation for the families to join the team at practice Saturday morning (November 17) at the Atlanta Falcons Training Facility in Flowery Branch, Georgia.
Participating families will be provided with roundtrip travel to and from Atlanta, Georgia, a three-night stay (Friday, November 16 to Monday, November 19) plus group meals for the weekend in Flowery Branch, Georgia, as well as transportation to and from the Mercedes-Benz Stadium courtesy of the Atlanta Falcons and Coach Quinn.
This online entry form is now closed.
- If there are more than 63 families interested in the program, there will be a random selection process, which means that some will not be selected. We will send out notifications the week of September 10, 2018.
- For the selected families, two members from each fallen hero's family will participate in the honor and recognition events during the Salute to Service Weekend. If your family does participate in the event, the two family representatives must be available from November 16 – November 19, 2018 and must attend all scheduled events.
- For the 63 selected families, the Atlanta Falcons and Head Coach Dan Quinn will provide each family two tickets to the game, roundtrip travel for two to Atlanta, Georgia, a three-night stay (one room per 2 family members) with meals, an invitation to private team practice, and a special gift from the team. Transportation will be provided to and from the training facility as well as the game.
- Any survivor under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian or a surviving adult family member with permission from their parent/guardian. All attendees must be 6 years of age or older.
- At this time, this opportunity is not available to those families whose Fallen Heroes have been previously honored with helmet decals at a Salute to Service event with TAPS in the past three years.
- If your family does participate in the event, you will need to provide a high resolution photo and biography of your loved one as well as a family biography for those attending. This information will be shared with media and Falcons fans to educate them on our Fallen Heroes and this military recognition program.
We are grateful to our friends at the Atlanta Falcons for this occasion to honor and recognize our loved ones.