TAPS Togethers: National Wreaths Across America Day
On Saturday, December 16, we are inviting TAPS family members of all ages to join us for a time of special connection and remembrance at national cemeteries across the country with our partner Wreaths Across America for National Wreaths Across America Day.
National Wreaths Across America Day is an annual event that honors the brave men and women who have served our country in times of war and peace. By placing wreaths at graves of our nation's veterans and fallen heroes, and saying their names, we honor and remember those who have served and sacrificed on behalf of our nation.
Come together on Saturday, December 16 as a local TAPS Family for a time of connection and remembrance, as we lay wreaths in honor of our nation's veterans and fallen heroes who have been laid to rest. Select an event below and register to attend.
- 11 a.m. - Gerald B.H. Solomon Saratoga National Cemetery, Schuylerville, New York
- 12 p.m. - Western New York National Cemetery, Corfu, New York
- 12 p.m. - Long Island National Cemetery, Farmingdale, New York
- 12 p.m. - Philadelphia National Cemetery, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- 7:30 a.m. - Barrancas National Cemetery, Pensacola, Florida
- 11 a.m. - Fort Sam Houston National Cemetery, San Antonio, Texas
- 11 a.m. - Dallas - Fort Worth National Cemetery, Dallas, Texas
- 12 p.m. - St. Augustine National Cemetery, St. Augustine Florida
- 11:30 a.m. - Fort Custer National Cemetery, Augusta, Michigan
- 12 p.m. - Resurrection Cemetery, Clinton Township, Michigan
As we lay wreaths in honor of our nation's veterans and fallen heroes, we invite you to share pictures of your wreath laying ceremony that this inspiring event may bring out. Photos can be emailed to email@example.com or post them to your social media channels and tag us @tapsorg.
TAPS is proud to once again be an official non-profit partner with Wreaths Across America in these moving ceremonial events.
Wreaths Across America is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization founded in 2007 to continue and expand the annual wreath-laying ceremony at Arlington National Cemetery begun by Maine wreath maker Morrill Worcester in 1992. The organization’s yearlong mission – Remember the fallen, Honor those that serve, Teach the next generation the value of freedom – is carried out, in part, each year by coordinating wreath-laying ceremonies in December at thousands of participating locations in all 50 states and beyond.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.