Online Workshop: Navigating Difficult Conversations
Communication barriers during the grieving process is inevitable. Understanding these barriers can create solutions and bring difficult conversations and situations to a close. When difficult conversations are handled poorly, they are likely to interfere with connection, productivity, and meaning and leave everyone involved feeling frustrated and dissatisfied.
This workshop will provide participants the opportunity to enhance their communications skills with tools and exercises that will strengthen their ability to engage in understanding the barriers that grief may present.
What to Expect
- Group interaction and discussion
- All workshop sessions will be conducted via Zoom video conferencing
- Breakout rooms for small group learning
- Group discussions
Who Should Attend?
This program is appropriate for military survivors who are one year out from loss wanting to learn new skills to supplement, enhance and or support their grief journey.
- Understand the nature of difficult conversations and what it takes to handle them.
- Identify the stages of handling difficult conversations.
- Use empathy in a way that minimizes negative responses and strengthens relationships.
Post Workshop Series Materials
In order to respect confidentiality and create a space where people feel comfortable sharing, we will not send a recording of the program to participants. We will, however, provide post-program resources, including handouts (in lieu of slides), to help support you in integrating what you learned during the workshop series into your day to day life.
To learn more about this exciting program and to register, please click on the blue button at the top of this page. For questions, please email email@example.com.