The National Military Suicide Survivor Seminar and Good Grief Camp is offered to all those grieving a suicide loss, and we warmly welcome everyone to be with us for these three days of hope and healing.
ATTENDEES MUST COVER THE COSTS OF:
- Registration: $125 per adult and $50 per child: This fee covers all workshops, materials, sharing groups, onsite activities and seven full meals. Licensed, insured child care is available for children ages 3 and younger for the $50 child registration fee.
- Lodging: $135 per night at the Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort: The group discount rate is available until Sept. 12.
- Travel to and from the event
You can pay your registration fee at the time you register for the seminar or by Sept. 30. If you are no longer able to attend, please cancel your registration by Sept. 30. Registration fees are non-refundable after this date.
If the registration fees, lodging or air travel costs are barriers to your attending, please let us know. We understand the costs associated with attending this seminar may prevent some from being able to join us, and we want to be sure everyone has access to this loving support. We are able to offer registration fee waivers and lodging assistance based on need and upon application.
Our partners at Fisher House Hero Miles are able to offer donated airfare to many survivors as well. Learn more about applying for donated airfare.
Once you have registered for the event and submitted all needed intake forms, you can submit a scholarship application to apply for assistance to help with the registration fees, hotel costs or both. See further information on application guidelines and criteria.
- Please only apply for and request a scholarship if you otherwise could not attend, so funds are available to help as many survivors as possible.
- Scholarships are available once per year for either our National Military Survivor Seminar and Good Grief Camp in Washington, D.C., or our National Military Suicide Survivor Seminar and Good Grief Camp in Phoenix.
- You may apply for both or either of our registration and hotel scholarships. In addition, you may also apply for donated airfare through Hero Miles if you’ve applied for either or both scholarships.
- Scholarships are not entirely based on income, but income will be taken into consideration. Preference will be given for hotel scholarships to families of two making less than $60,000 a year. For larger families, preference for hotel scholarships will be given to those making under $75,000. For registration scholarships, preference will be given to families making under $75,000 per year.
- Because there are a limited number of hotel rooms available to TAPS, if there are an unusually high number of requests for hotel room scholarships, preference will be given to those who have never received a hotel room scholarship for either of our national seminars.
- Hotel room scholarships will be awarded on a first come, first served basis. We encourage you to request a hotel room scholarship as early as possible to receive consideration as it is possible all hotel room scholarships will be awarded prior to the scholarship application cutoff date.
- Past scholarship recipients who requested scholarships but then did not attend the event are not eligible for scholarships (an exception will be made if the recipient canceled well in advance or could not attend due to an emergency).
- When you have completed your registration form and intake forms, you will be brought to a registration summary page. In the blue column on the left-hand side of that summary page, you will see a gray box labeled "Registration Scholarships." Click the registration scholarships button and complete the application. Note that you must complete a separate application for each person in your registration, including children. Please be as honest and forthright as you feel comfortable in completing this form. On this form, you will indicate which scholarship you are applying for: registration fees alone, hotel stay alone or both. Submit your applications no later than 8 p.m. ET on Aug. 16. When you submit your application you will receive an email confirming that your application was successfully submitted. Please look for this email; if you do not receive it, your scholarship application may not have been submitted to us. If you are unsure, please email email@example.com.
- Please allow 10 to 14 business days to hear back via email regarding your scholarship application. You may be awarded a partial OR a full scholarship.
- Once you hear back regarding your scholarship application and your registration is in “paid” status (either via a scholarship, your own payment or a combination of both), if needed you may then request a Hero Miles donated flight.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-959-TAPS (8277) with any questions.