DEADLINE TO APPLY: Aug. 5, 2016
TAPS is pleased to be able to offer, through the generosity of the Fisher House Foundation, a limited number of flights for survivors attending the National Military Suicide Survivor Seminar and Good Grief Camp.
We want everyone to be with us in Florida and receive the love and support TAPS provides. TAPS hopes that we can award tickets to those who feel the cost of a flight would prohibit them from attending or cause a financial burden. If this is the case, we encourage you to apply. If you are in a position to buy your own tickets, we ask that you do so that families who need donated airfare can receive it.
Flights are donated to TAPS by Hero Miles and that organization has the following eligibility restrictions:
- The applicant's loved one must have been active duty at the time of the suicide death or the death was related to their service in current combat/military efforts
- The applicant must not have used a Hero Miles flight to attend the National Military Survivor Seminar in May 2016
- The applicant must have never cancelled a Hero Miles flight
- The applicant must be an immediate family member/relation to the service member (parent, stepparent, legal guardian, spouse, ex-spouse, fiance, child, adopted child or stepchild who was raised by the service member, sibling, or stepsibling)
How to Request Donated Airfare:
- Make your request by Aug. 5
- Register for the event
- Submit payment for the event OR have fees waived by requesting a registration fee waiver
- Complete all intake forms
- Use the registration system to request airfare
All applicants will be notified of their status by Aug. 12. Please call us at 1-800-959-TAPS (8277) or email email@example.com with questions.