The TAPS National Military Survivor Seminar and Good Grief Camp are offered to those grieving the loss of a loved one who served in our nations Armed Forces.Our National Military Survivor Seminar and Good Grief Camp are offered at minimal costs to families.
Adult Registration Fee: $195.00 per adult
This fee includes materials, workshops, meals, a TAPS t-shirt, special events, off-site adventures and ground transportation to all activities.
Good Grief Camp Fee: $75.00 per child
This fee provides materials, meals, a TAPS t-shirt, and a TAPS backpack, and off-site activities and the transportation to and from special events. In addition, the $75 fee covers daycare services for our youngest survivors all day Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
Registration fees are only refundable until April 26th, 2016.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: April 26
A limited number of scholarships are available to help with the costs of attending this Seminar. If you'd like to apply for financial assistance, you can register for the Seminar without submitting payment and then fill out an application for a scholarship when you register; look for the gray button on the left hand side of your Registration Summary, or atop the Payment Page once registration is submitted.
A scholarship application must be completed for each person attending the seminar, including children. The scholarship application form is a separate form than registration form. Please note that all child and adult intake forms must be complete prior to having access to the scholarship application.
All survivors may apply for the hotel and registration scholarships, however preference will be given based on the guidelines listed below. Applicants may be eligible for a 100%, 75%, 50% or 25% scholarship. TAPS has limited funds and may not be able to provide all applicants with the full amount requested, or TAPS may not be able to offer a scholarship at all.
CRITERIA FOR ELIGIBILITY FOR REGISTRATION FEE SCHOLARSHIP:
- Applicant must be an immediate family member/relation to the service member (parent, step-parent, legal guardian, spouse, ex-spouse, fiance, child, adopted or step-child who was raised by the service member, sibling, or step-sibling) In-laws, grandparents, and battle buddies will also be taken into consideration.
- Your loved one must have been active duty at the time of their death or their death was related to their service in current combat/military efforts
- Applicant must not have been a recipient of the SGLI, SGLI was received more than 4 years ago, or put into a trust.
- Applicant’s annual income is $60,000 or less for whole household of 2 persons, with a $10,000 increase for every person in the household.
- Applicants must not have applied for and received a scholarship in the past and then not attended the event without a valid excuse.
CRITERIA FOR ELIGIBILITY FOR HOTEL SCHOLARSHIPS
- Same as Registration Guidelines
- Applicants who attended a TAPS regional seminar or retreat, where lodging was provided, within the past 24 months will NOT be eligible for hotel scholarship unless applicant lived near the event and did not receive lodging and there are additional family members in the household who did not attend a retreat.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-959-8277 with any questions.