Mental Health, Suicide Prevention and Postvention Resources
There's a network of hope out there from across the global COVID-19 response. Listed below are links to many of those beneficial efforts to help find available support. This list is updated weekly. To provide feedback on these resources, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Four Ways to Feel Good on a Hard Day in Lockdown
(Greater Good Magazine)
Check out these 4 ways on how to feel good at the end of a hard day in lockdown along with tools on how to cultivate resilience.
- Follow These Therapists on TikTok for Advice on Everything from Anxiety to Parenting
Here, 10 therapists to follow on TikTok for helpful info on how to cope with everything from anxiety to parenting struggles.
- Talking to Teens: Suicide Prevention
(American Psychological Association)
Suicide is a difficult topic, but it is too important to ignore. Here are some tools on how to address teenagers in conversation about this topic on how to prevent youth suicide.
- Four Things to Do Every Day for Your Mental Health
(Greater Good Magazine)
Check out these 4 things to do every day for your mental health and to schedule this intentional time for these core human needs.
- 44 Children's Books About Mental Health
(Child Mind Institute)
Here are 44 books about mental health for helping kids understand emotional and learning challenges.
- How the pandemic is affecting mental health in diverse U.S. communities
(Medical News Today)
Some groups may face a disproportionate mental health impact during the COVID-19 pandemic. These include people of color, migrants, and people of various ethnic backgrounds. In this Special Feature, we dive deeper into the issue.
- This Common Anxiety Symptom Makes Me Feel Like Reality Is Slipping Away
Curious to know if what you feel is anxiety? Check out this one person's story of the symptoms of anxiety and panic disorder.
- When in Doubt, Shout It Out! 8 Drug-Free Ways to Battle Anxiety
Everyday pressures of life can turn you into an anxious mess. Guess what? You're not alone. Here are eight simple and effective ways to battle anxiety without medication.
- 6 Ways to Start Your Day When You're Living with Depression
Depression can cause severe symptoms, which can include difficulty getting out of bed in the morning. There are tools and tactics that can help people with depression take a few steps forward.
- The Difficult Choice of Prioritizing My Health During This Time of Civil Unrest
There are a number of ways in which we can be activists and allies while preserving our mental and physical health.
- Technology Is Changing the Mental Health Community for the Better
Face-to-face meetings have in the past always been the preferred. Learn about the advantages of having technology as a communication tool.
- Understanding Why People Die By Suicide
When someone we love dies by suicide, it can be overwhelming and confusing, and bring with it many emotions and questions. Those affected by suicide often struggle with how, and if, their life will ever fit back together again.
- TAPS Talks: Too Close for Comfort - Mental Health and Wellness During Changing Family Dynamics
Listen to this video recording about how to maintain mental health and wellness during changes in the family dynamics.
- How to #BeTheDifference For People With Mental Health Concerns During COVID-19
(Mental Health First Aid)
Tips from the Mental Health First Aid curriculum to help you care for your own and your loved ones’ mental health.
- COVID-19: Mental Health Issues and Coping
Start by understanding what you can control and what your connot control when it comes to coping in this crisis.
- Living With Mental Illness During COVID-19 Outbreak– Preparing For Your Wellness
(Mental Health America)
Just as individuals with pre-existing physical illness are more likely to get physically ill from the coronavirus, people whose mental health is compromised are at greater risk of experiencing worsening mental illness as a result of the coronavirus – no matter what their mental illness may be.
- Talk, Listen, Connect: When Families Grieve
The death of a loved one brings enormous challenges, and can often be confusing for little ones. Take time to explore how Elmo and his family celebrate the life of a loved one.
- Daily Activities for Mental Health During Coronavirus
(Hope 4 hurting kids)
Here are a five ideas for daily activities you can do during the Coronavirus pandemic to maintain good mental health. Doing some, or all of these activities can help your kids to maintain a sense of normalcy during this difficult time.
- Here's How 4 College Students Say They Are Managing Their Mental Health Amid COVID-19
Here is how 4 College students say they are managing their mental health amid COVID-19.
- POPSUGAR: Mental Health Doesn't Discriminate: 10 Athletes Who Have Talked About Their Mental Illness
Read about how these athletes use their platforms to discuss their own struggles and, by doing so, shed light on the experiences of those who do not have as loud of a voice.
- 15 Tangible Ways to Support Suicide Attempt Survivors
When someone you love is struggling, think about what really reminds you of that person, lets them know you care about their well-being and tells them they're not alone.