Youth Programs’ Virtual Program
In response to our challenging times of physical distancing and to ensure that children, teenagers, and families have the support and resources they need during grief, TAPS Youth Programs has established ongoing, monthly virtual programming. We know that understanding and support are two key factors that promote healthy outcomes for bereaved children and teenagers, as is a positive relationship between parents/guardians and their children and teenagers. Through our wide range of virtual support programs and events, TAPS youth will have an opportunity to interact and connect with their bereaved peers who understand their situation. We also provide helpful resources and support to parents/guardians in order to strengthen families and your relationship with your children and teenagers.
While we are looking forward to being able to see everyone in person again when we are able, please know that supporting and caring for you and your families’ needs remains our priority. Learn more about our virtual support programs, military mentor matching, and our virtual schedule for the Spring below, and complete your registration now to join us for our monthly virtual support programs and events.
- Children's Care Group: For bereaved kids ages 4 to 12, this is an opportunity to come together with peers over Zoom and share experiences, increase resources, and build a community of support.
- Parenting Care Group: Provides a safe space for parents and guardians to share their challenges around parenting bereaved children while increasing their resources and support.
- Teen Programming: For teens ages 13 to 18, the coffee house is a safe place for young survivors to express feelings, and share experiences within a virtual environment. Eligible to those teens who have experienced the death of a Military Service related parent or sibling.
- Family Nights: This is a unique and exciting experience for the whole family to bond, learn how to cope, support each other, communicate together, and have fun.
- Activity Booklet: These booklets provide families with an array of activity ideas that create discussion, interaction, and connection around a variety of topics related to grief, coping, and family fun. Activity Booklets are created and made available as downloadable PDFs on a quarterly basis. Visit our activities page to download additional activity booklets.
- Matching Mentor Enrollment: Offers an opportunity to get your child or teen virtually connected to a military or legacy mentor.
Note: Dates and times are tentative and subject to change. All times listed below are in the Eastern time zone.
- Teen Coffee House: Tuesday, March 23 at 7 p.m.
- Class of 2021: Tuesday, March 23 at 7 p.m.
- New to Loss: Thursday, April 8 at 7 p.m.
- Teen Coffee House: Tuesday, April 27 at 7 p.m.
- Class of 2021: Tuesday, April 27 at 7 p.m.
- New to Loss: Thursday, May 6 at 7 p.m.
- Teen Coffee House: Tuesday, May 11 at 7 p.m.
- Class of 2021: Tuesday, May 11 at 7 p.m.
We ask that you commit time to any Spring Program events you and your child/teen are registered for, just as you would if we could travel to be together at a Family Campout or Regional Seminar and Good Grief Camp. You’ll be asked when you register to share that you understand the expectations of participating are:
Please review TAPS Youth Programs Attendance Eligibility Criteria to determine eligibilty to attend this virtual program.
No Cost, Great Benefit: Thanks to the generosity of our sponsors, who stand with us even in the midst of COVID-19, we are able to offer this experience to you at no cost.
To participate, we ask you to fill out a registration form (look for the blue button at the top of this page). Once registered, you will receive information via email about the month’s upcoming events, themes, materials needed, and the links to our live Zoom care groups and events.