TAPS Young Adults Program: Connecting In Your Community
The TAPS Young Adults Program and TAPS Togethers are partnering to create one-day opportunities throughout the United States for our young adults (Ages 18-30) to connect with one another, enjoy shared experiences and create memories together in the places they call home.
Connecting with our survivor peers in our local communities can provide a sense of belonging and social connectedness. It can also offer extra meaning and purpose to everyday life as we build a community within our communities through connection with others who understand, and through discovered commonalities.
Examples Of Potential One Day Events Include, But Are Definitely Not Limited To:
- Connecting at a local coffee shop or eatery for coffee or hot chocolate
- Sports/recreational activities (hiking, skiing, ice skating, fishing, adventuring, snowboarding, biking, etc.)
- Dinner for Valentine's Day
- Board Game Night
- Volunteer with a local charity like the Humane Society or Habitat for Humanity
- Have a picnic in a local park
- See a play or movie at a local theater
- Attend a cooking class together
- Hold a chili or dessert cook-off
- Visit a local Museum or Art Gallery
Submit Your Idea
We look forward to you sharing your TAPS Togethers event ideas for our TAPS Togethers for Young Adults Program. Please share your event idea(s) using the Host Your Own TAPS Togethers Event Submission Form.