NFL Pro Bowl with teams4taps
Share your football story and you may have a chance to spend the weekend with teams4taps at the 2020 NFL Pro Bowl!
TAPS is thrilled to announce an exciting teams4taps opportunity with our friends at the NFL designed especially for our TAPS kids and their families! TAPS has been invited to the NFL Pro Bowl in Orlando, Florida from January 23-27, 2020!
TAPS kids (6-18) and their families, will be hosted by TAPS and the NFL for a weekend of youth-related events including: watching an NFL Practice at ESPN Wide World of Sports at Walt Disney World, lunches and dinners with TAPS families, lots of exciting opportunities and special surprises and finally – attending the 2020 NFL Pro Bowl at Camping World Stadium in Orlando, Florida. Families will also have time to spend with each other as we reflect on and remember our fallen heroes.
Flights, lodging, tickets and group meals will be provided for participating families through generous support from the NFL. Families will stay at the Armed Forces Recreation Center at Walt Disney World, Shades of Green. Attendees will be responsible for any incidentals such as baggage fees, snacks, souvenirs, etc.
Although TAPS would love for all TAPS families to attend, we have a very limited number of spots available. For this reason, this unique experience will be filled using a random selection process. Please note the following eligibility rules to make sure this is the event for you.
- Survivor Experiences are intended for those survivors whose loss occurred more than a year ago and who have attended previous TAPS Events. If you are within the first year of your loss, we encourage you to attend a TAPS Together, TAPS Regional Seminar, and/or the National Military Survivor Seminar.
- If there are more than 20 families interested in being a part of this special event, there will be a random selection process, which means that some will not be selected.
- For the selected families, there will be a limit of 5 people per each fallen hero’s family, with a maximum of 2 adults per family. Any additional family members outside the TAPS child(ren) and parent/guardian must also be an immediate surviving family member. Families must commit to attending all group activities and meals and participate fully, to the best of their abilities, to be eligible for this trip, and be available from January 23 to 27, 2020.
- This opportunity is for children and youth who have lost an immediate family member in the Armed Forces. TAPS kids must be at least 6 years of age and must be accompanied by a parent/guardian or a surviving adult family member with permission from their parent/guardian.
- Those who have previously attended an NFL Pro Bowl Experience or that have attended a trip or event via TAPS where flights and lodging have both been provided (NOT including National or Regional Seminars) are not eligible to attend.
- Those families that have attended an NFL Salute to Service event will have a lower priority in the event lottery.
- If your family does participate in the event, you will need to provide a high resolution photo and bio of your loved one as well as a family bio for those attending. This information will be shared with media and NFL fans to educate them on our Fallen Heroes and this military recognition program.
We are asking those interested in attending this event to complete the online form, which will open at 12:01 a.m. Eastern on Tuesday, October 1, 2019, and will close when 150 entries have been received OR at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Sunday, October 6, 2019, whichever comes first.
Entries must include a story about why football is, or has been, important to the child and/or family. The story can feature any connection to the sport; from professional to youth football, from your favorite NFL player to your local high school team.
Notifications will be sent out by Friday, December 6th.
IMPORTANT: TAPS has updated our registration system, so you will notice a new look when you click on the link to enter! We are so excited to be launching a new version of the TAPS Registration System with a survivor portal. You can choose to create an account and then use that account to complete your entry form OR you can enter without creating an account (green button).
If you already have a TAPS Online Community Account - great news: you will be able to use that for TAPS Event entry and registration!