Los Angeles Chargers Salute to Service Program with TAPS
TAPS is excited to be partnering with the Los Angeles Chargers for a unique opportunity to honor and recognize fallen service men and women and the families they left behind. The Los Angeles Chargers players will wear the initials of ten (10) Fallen Heroes on their helmets during their Salute to Service Game on November 8, 2020.
Players from the Los Angeles Chargers will wear the initials of a Fallen Hero on their helmets and the families of the fallen will be a part of the pre-game virtual engagement. The program will pay tribute to the men and women with a connection to the Chargers, who died while serving in the armed forces or from injuries sustained while serving in the post-9/11 era.
Due to the current health and safety conditions and operational directives from the NFL, as of this date, TAPS engagements with Salute to Service Programs will be virtual and there will be no in-person event attendance. There will be a virtual component and/or engagement around the week of November 2 with the team, as well as a commemorative gift. On Sunday, November 8, we will watch the Salute to Service game "together" as a TAPS family. More details will be provided as we get closer to the event date.
The 2020 Los Angeles Chargers Salute to Service Program is open to TAPS families residing in California.
This online entry request form (look for the blue button at the top of this page) will open at 9:00 a.m. Eastern on Friday, September 25, 2020, and will close when 50 forms have been received OR at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Sunday, October 4, 2020, whichever comes first.
Please note the following event and participation criteria:
- If there are more than ten (10) families interested in the program, there will be a random selection process, which means that some will not be selected. Entry requests will be accepted until 50 entries have been received or until 11:59 p.m. Easstern on Sunday, October 4, 2020, whichever comes first. We will send out notifications during the week of October 12.
- To participate, your family will need to agree to attend the virtual engagement during the week of November 2 AND watch the Sunday, November 8 game.
- There is a maximum of four (4) participants per family of the Fallen Hero for some of the virtual engagement events. It is up to each family to choose the four (4) who will participate. At least one participant in the group must be over the age of 18. Per TAPS guidelines, children participating must be accompanied by a parent/guardian or with their permission.
- Those who have previously attended a Los Angeles Chargers Salute to Service event with TAPS will not be eligible at this time.
- If your family does participate in the event, you will need to provide a high resolution photo and biography of your loved one, as well as a family biography for those attending. This information will be shared with media and Chargers fans to educate them on our Fallen Heroes and this military recognition program.
We are grateful to our friends at the Los Angeles Chargers for this occasion to honor and recognize our loved ones.