Los Angeles Rams Salute to Service for TAPS Families
For the fourth consecutive year, TAPS is partnering with the Los Angeles Rams for a unique opportunity to honor and recognize fallen service men and women and the families they left behind. The Los Angeles Rams will host TAPS Families for a Salute to Service Weekend, November 16 and November 17, 2019, and will honor 25 fallen heroes to mark the 25th Anniversary of TAPS, founded in 1994, during their Salute to Service game on November 17, 2019.
Twenty- Five Rams players will wear the initials of a Fallen Hero on their helmets and the families of the fallen will be recognized during the game. The program will pay tribute to the men and women who died while serving in the U.S. Armed Forces, or who died from injuries sustained while serving, in the post 9/11 era.
In addition to game day ceremonies, the Los Angeles Rams have extended a special invitation for the families to join the team at practice on Saturday Morning – November 16, 2019.
This online entry request form (look for the blue button at the top of this page at that time) will open at 12:00 AM (Eastern) Tuesday, August 6 and will close at 11:59 PM (Eastern) Monday, August 26 or when 200 forms have been received, whichever comes first.
- If there are more than 25 families interested in the program, there will be a random selection process, which means that some will not be selected.
- For the selected families, up to four members from each fallen hero's family will participate in the honor and recognition events during the Salute to Service Weekend. If your family does participate in the event, all registered family representatives must be available on November 16 (Thousand Oaks, California) and November 17, 2019 (Los Angeles, California) and must attend all scheduled events.
- For the 25 selected families, the Los Angeles Rams will provide each family with up to four tickets to the game, an invitation to private team practice and a special gift from the team.
- Any survivor under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian or a surviving adult family member with permission from their parent/guardian.
- At this time, this opportunity is not available to those families whose Fallen Heroes have been previously honored at a Los Angeles Rams Salute to Service event with TAPS.
- If your family does participate in the event, you will need to provide a high resolution photo and bio of your loved one as well as a family bio for those attending. This information will be shared with media and Rams fans to educate them on our Fallen Heroes and this military recognition program.
- All transportation and travel for this Salute to Service opportunity will be the responsibility of the attending family.
We are grateful to our friends at the Los Angeles Rams for this occasion to honor and recognize our loved ones.