Please note this program is specifically designed for survivors grieving the death of a military loved one.
Where the grief journey takes us is a surprise, but TAPS Retreats turn that journey into an adventure.
TAPS Retreats take place over several days in a unique location and are often designed to bring together small groups of survivors who share similar losses to further build a sense of community.
Each TAPS Retreat includes physical and emotional movement, time for conversation and reflection, and unique travel experiences.
You’ll leave a TAPS Retreat with renewed confidence, a sense of triumph and lifelong friends.
Retreat Adventure Levels
Each retreat includes some type of physical activity, but the adventure level differs based on the location and population.
- Light-intensity retreat
- Low demand on physical exertion
- Activity examples include: horseback riding, walking tours and yoga
- Intermediate-intensity retreat
- Moderate physical exertion
- Activity examples include: cross country skiing, kayaking and low-ropes courses
- High-intensity retreat
- Physically demanding and/or high-adrenaline adventure
- Activity examples include: whitewater rafting, rappelling, trapeze and skydiving
If you are a supporter interested in sponsoring a TAPS program, please call 202-588-8277 or firstname.lastname@example.org.