Deadline to request a donated flight: Thursday, August 23
TAPS is pleased to be able to offer, through the generosity of the Fisher House Foundation's Hero Miles Program, a limited number of flights for survivors attending the National Military Suicide Survivor Seminar and Good Grief Camp.
We want everyone to be with us in Florida and receive the love and support TAPS provides. TAPS hopes that we can award tickets to those who feel the cost of a flight would prohibit them from attending or would cause a financial burden. If this is the case, we encourage you to apply. If you are able to purchase your own tickets, we ask that you do so that families who need donated airfare can receive it.
Flights are donated to TAPS by Hero Miles and have the following eligibility guidelines:
- The applicant’s loved one must have been active duty at the time of the suicide death, or the death was related to their service in current combat/military efforts
- The applicant must not have used a Hero Miles flight to attend the National Military Survivor Seminar in May 2018
- The applicant must not have ever canceled or no-showed for a Hero Miles flight
- The applicant must be an immediate family member/relation to the service member (the service member’s parent, stepparent, legal guardian, spouse, ex-spouse, fiance, child, adopted child or stepchild who was raised by the service member, sibling or stepsibling)
In addition, TAPS will give preference to those who are attending their first National Military Suicide Survivor Seminar and Good Grief Camp.
How to Request Donated Airfare
- Register for the National Military Suicide Survivor Seminar and Good Grief Camp.
- Submit payment for the event registration fees OR have fees waived by requesting and being granted a scholarship so your registration is in "paid" status.
- Complete all intake forms.
- Make a request for flights by Thursday, August 23. Use the registration system to request Hero Miles flights. One form MUST be completed for each person on your registration, including children and infants.
All applicants will be notified of their status by September. Please call us at 800-959-TAPS (8277) or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.