Deadline to request a donated flight: Thursday, August 1
TAPS is pleased to be able to offer, through the generosity of the Fisher House Foundation's Hero Miles Program, a limited number of flights for survivors attending the National Military Suicide Survivor Seminar and Good Grief Camp.
We want everyone to be with us in Arizona and receive the love and support TAPS provides. If you are able to purchase your own tickets, we ask that you do so that families who need donated airfare can receive it.
Flights are donated to TAPS by Hero Miles and have the following eligibility guidelines:
- You are attending the TAPS National Military Survivor Seminar and Good Grief Camp for the first or second time.
- Your loved one was serving at the time of their death or their death was related to their service in current combat/military efforts.
- You haven't had an unused or canceled Hero Miles ticket in the past.
- You must be an immediate family member/relation to the deceased service member. Only the following are considered immediate family: parent, stepparent, legal guardian, spouse, ex-spouse, fiance, child, adopted child or stepchild who was raised by the service member, sibling or step-sibling.
- You understand that recipients of Hero Miles flights for the National Military Suicide Survivor Seminar in Phoenix, Arizona, will not be eligible to receive donated tickets to attend a TAPS seminar in the future.
- You understand that flight request forms are REQUESTS; flights are gifted to TAPS to pass on and are therefore not guaranteed.
How to Request Donated Airfare
- Register for the National Military Suicide Survivor Seminar and Good Grief Camp.
- Submit payment for the event registration fees.
- Complete all intake forms.
- Make a request for flights by Thursday, August 1. Use the registration system to request Hero Miles flights. One form MUST be completed for each person on your registration, including children and infants.
All applicants will be notified of their flight status by August 14, 2019. Please call us at 800-959-TAPS (8277) or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.