TAPS is pleased to offer, through the generosity of the Fisher House Foundation, a limited number of flights for survivors attending the National Military Survivor Seminar and Good Grief Camp for the first time.
TAPS completely funds hotel, meals and program at all of our Regional Survivor Seminars and Retreats and we invite you to plan to attend any and all of these programs. The National Seminars are the only programs at which attendees pay for their own hotel rooms at our deeply discounted group rates. We understand this means that participating in this weekend can get expensive, and we are excited that Hero Miles is once again able to offer a limited number of free airline tickets to assist our first-time attendees who find that the cost of the flight would prohibit them from experiencing the TAPS National Military Survivor Seminar and Good Grief Camp this Memorial Day.
TAPS welcomes over 6,500 new survivors into our family each year. Given this enormous influx of new survivors and the increasing interest across our 95,000+ survivors family members who are part of the TAPS family to attend the National Military Survivor Seminar, the “Hero Miles” donated from the Fisher House Foundation will only be extended to those who are attending that have never attended a TAPS National Military Seminar.
Special thank you to those who are able to buy your own tickets or even help sponsor another family to attend so that all who want to be with us in May are able to get there!
Hero Miles Eligibility Requirements
To help us ensure that our new survivors are able to receive this benefit from Hero Miles, please only submit this form if you have never previously attended either the National Seminar and you meet the Hero Miles requirements listed below.
- You are attending the TAPS National Military Survivor Seminar and Good Grief Camp for the first or second time.
- All survivors in your registration have already received approved time away from work or school commitments needed to attend the TAPS National Military Survivor Seminar and Good Grief Camp from Thursday, May 27 to Monday, May 31.
- You haven't had an unused or canceled Hero Miles ticket in the past.
- You must be an immediate family member/relation to the deceased service member. The following are considered immediate family: parent, stepparent, legal guardian, spouse, ex-spouse, fiancé, child, adopted child or stepchild who was raised by the service member, sibling or step-sibling.
- You understand that these flights are provided at an expense to Fisher House and, once confirmed and granted, they cannot be canceled or returned. If you should still decide to not use a ticketed flight, unless accompanied with a medical letter from your physician, there will be a $150 cancellation or non-use fee per itinerary. We appreciate your understanding with this as we work to honor the gifts of flight Fisher House provides for our survivors and to ensure as many as possible who wish to attend are able to do so.
Attendees are given donated flights as a generous gift from the Fisher House Foundation. As such, we must accept the flight schedules and airlines that Hero Miles is able to provide. Hero Miles flights will arrive at Reagan National Airport (DCA) on Thursday, May 27, and return after 5 p.m. on Monday, May 31, or Tuesday, June 1.
HOW TO REQUEST DONATED AIRFARE
Application deadline to apply for donated airfare is March 1, 2021.
- Complete your seminar registration and intake forms. Then, you can apply for donated airfare. You can access the donated airfare applications from your registration summary page.
- Submit payment for the event. Your registration must be paid in full prior to applying for Hero Miles.
- Request Hero Miles flights by March 1 by completing an application in your registration form.
- A separate application must be filled out for each attendee requesting donated airfare, including lap children.
- Notification of flight status will be sent to you NO LATER than May 1, 2021.
Please contact us at 800-959-TAPS (8277) or email@example.com with questions.