Seminar Fees and Scholarships
Seminar Fees and Scholarships
The TAPS National Military Survivor Seminar and Good Grief Camp is offered to those grieving the loss of a loved one who served in our nation's Armed Forces at minimal costs to survivors.
Adult Registration Fee: $25 per adult
This fee includes materials, workshops, meals, a TAPS T-shirt, special events and transportation to our off-site activities.
Good Grief Camp Fee: $25 per child
This fee includes materials, meals, three TAPS T-shirts, a TAPS backpack, special events and transportation to our off-site activities. In addition, the $25 fee covers child care services for our youngest survivors all day Friday through Sunday.
Hotel Scholarships Available
We are grateful for your interest in joining us at the 25th Annual TAPS National Military Survivor Seminar and Good Grief Camp. TAPS Regional and National Seminars are warmly offered with love and hope to all those grieving the loss of a loved one in service to America.
All of the services TAPS offers are free of charge, including our grief support, casework assistance, 24/7 helpline, connections to grief counseling and peer mentors, our quarterly magazine, regional survivor seminars, and so much more!
Each year, we host two National Seminars, and they are the only programs at which attendees pay for their own hotel rooms at our deeply discounted group rates. We understand this means that participating in this weekend can get expensive, which is why TAPS provides a limited number of hotel scholarships. If the hotel cost associated with attending this event would prevent you from attending, we may be able to assist.
TAPS welcomes over 6,000 new survivors into our family each year. Given this enormous influx of new survivors and the increasing interest across our 85,000+ survivors family members who are part of the TAPS family to attend the National Military Survivor Seminar, the hotel scholarships are available only for survivors who are attending that have never attended a TAPS National Military Seminar (this includes the TAPS National Military Suicide Survivor National Seminar).
Special thank you to those who are able to cover their own hotel expenses or even help sponsor another family to attend so that all who want to be with us are able to attend!
Hotel Scholarship Application Guidelines
To help us ensure that our new survivors are also able to attend this healing event, please apply only if you have never previously attended either the National Seminar or Suicide National Seminar and your finances prevent you from paying your hotel costs. Other considerations to keep in mind are listed below.
- You are attending the TAPS National Military Survivor Seminar and Good Grief Camp for the FIRST TIME.
- Your loved one served in the military prior to their death.
- You have not previously used a hotel scholarship to attend either the National Seminar or Suicide National Seminar.
- You understand that recipients of a hotel scholarship for the National Military Survivor Seminar in Washington, D.C., will not be eligible to receive a hotel scholarship to attend the National Military Suicide Survivor Seminar in October. If your loved one died by suicide, we encourage you to consider using requesting a hotel scholarship to attend the National Military Suicide Survivor seminar in October in Phoenix, Arizona.
Steps to Apply for a Hotel Scholarship
Applications for hotel scholarships must be received by February 28 if you are applying for Hero Miles and March 30 if you are not seeking Hero Miles awards.
- After completing your seminar registration and paying your registration fees in full for all attendees in your group, you can submit scholarship applications. You can access the scholarship applications from your registration summary page.
- The hotel scholarship application is submitted only once for all registered attendees in your group.
- Submit your application by 8 p.m. Eastern on March 30. We encourage you to apply early as scholarships are awarded on a first come, first served basis until all funding is allocated. Your registration summary page will display “SUBMITTED” next to each scholarship form if it’s submitted properly.
- The scholarship committee will respond with a decision via the email address you provided no later than March 7, 2019 if you indicated you are applying for Hero Miles and April 30, 2019 for all other applicants.
- If you’re granted a hotel scholarship, we’ll book your hotel room at the Marriott and email you a room confirmation number closer to the event.
Please email email@example.com or call 800-959-TAPS (8277) with any questions