Seminar Fees and Scholarships
Seminar Fees and Scholarships
Adult Registration Fee: $195 per adult
This fee includes materials, workshops, meals, a TAPS T-shirt, special events and transportation to our off-site activities.
Good Grief Camp Fee: $75 per child
This fee includes materials, meals, three TAPS T-shirts, a TAPS backpack, special events and transportation to our off-site activities. In addition, the $75 fee covers child care services for our youngest survivors all day Friday through Sunday.
If your plans change unexpectedly, registration fees are refundable until 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday, May 1, 2017.
APPLICATIONS TO APPLY FOR A SCHOLARSHIP NOW CLOSED.
We understand the costs associated with attending this seminar may prevent some from being able to join us, and we want to be sure everyone has access to this loving support.
After you’ve registered for the event, you can submit scholarship applications to request assistance with the registration fees, hotel fees or both. Scholarships are awarded based on need and upon application. We encourage you to apply early as scholarships are awarded on a first come, first served basis. If you're applying for Hero Miles, please submit your scholarship request by March 12.
Application Guidelines and Criteria
- Please apply for a scholarship only if you're unable to attend without financial assistance, so funds are available to help as many survivors as possible.
- You may receive one scholarship a year for either the National Military Survivor Seminar or the National Military Suicide Survivor Seminar in the fall.
- Scholarships are available for registration fees, hotel costs or both.
- You can also apply for donated airfare through Hero Miles. If you’re applying for donated airfare, please submit your scholarship request by March 12.
- Survivors who have received scholarships in the past but then did not attend the event are not eligible for scholarships. (An exception will be made if the recipient canceled well in advance or could not attend due to an emergency.)
Steps to Apply for a Registration Scholarship, Hotel Scholarship or Both
- After completing your seminar registration, you can submit scholarship applications. You can access the scholarship applications from your registration summary page.
- A registration scholarship application must be submitted for each person attending, including children. The hotel scholarship application is submitted only once for all registered attendees in your group.
- Submit your application by 8 p.m. ET on May 1. We encourage you to apply early as scholarships are awarded on a first come, first served basis. Your registration summary page will display “SUBMITTED” next to each scholarship form if it’s submitted properly.
- The scholarship committee will respond with a decision via the email address you provided no later than March 23, 2018 if you indicated you are applying for Hero Miles and May 1, 2018 for all other applicants.
- If you’re granted a registration scholarship, TAPS will adjust your payment balance in your registration form. If you have already submitted payment in order to apply for Hero Miles, we will reimburse you. If you’re granted a hotel scholarship, we’ll book your hotel room at the Marriott and email you a room confirmation number closer to the event.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-959-TAPS (8277) with any questions.
Our partners at Fisher House Hero Miles are able to offer donated airfare to many survivors as well. Learn more about applying for donated airfare.