APPLICATION TO APPLY FOR DONATED AIRFARE NOW CLOSED.
TAPS is pleased to offer, through the generosity of the Fisher House Foundation, a limited number of flights for survivors attending the National Military Survivor Seminar and Good Grief Camp.
We’re able to award tickets to those who feel the cost of a flight would prohibit them from attending or cause a true financial burden. We encourage you to apply if this is your situation. If you’re able to buy your own tickets, we ask that you do so that families who need donated airfare can receive it.
Flights are donated to TAPS by Hero Miles, and that organization has the following eligibility restrictions:
- The applicant's loved one must have been active duty at the time of the death or the death was related to their service in current combat/military efforts
- The applicant must have never canceled a Hero Miles flight in the past
- The applicant must be an immediate family member/relation to the service member (parent, stepparent, legal guardian, spouse, ex-spouse, fiance, child, adopted child or stepchild who was raised by the service member, sibling or stepsibling)
- Recipients of Hero Miles flights for the National Military Survivor Seminar will not be eligible to receive donated flights to attend the National Military Suicide Survivor Seminar in the fall
In addition, TAPS will give preference to those who are attending their first National Military Survivor Seminar and Good Grief Camp.
Attendees are given donated flights as a generous gift from the Fisher House Foundation. As such, we must accept the flight schedules and airlines that Hero Miles is able to provide. Hero Miles flights will arrive at Reagan National Airport (DCA) on Thursday, May 24, and return after 5 p.m. on Monday, May 28, or Tuesday, May 29.
HOW TO REQUEST DONATED AIRFARE
- Complete your seminar registration and intake forms. Then, you can apply for donated airfare. You can access the donated airfare applications from your registration summary page.
- Submit payment for the event OR have your registration fees waived by requesting and being granted a scholarship. If you plan to apply for a registration scholarship, please do so by March 12. Your registration must be paid in full prior to applying for Hero Miles.
- Request Hero Miles flights by March 30 by completing an application in your registration form. A separate application must be filled out for each attendee requesting donated airfare, including children.
Please contact us at 800-959-TAPS (8277) or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.