Deadline to apply: March 30
TAPS is pleased to be able to offer, through the generosity of the Fisher House Foundation, a limited number of flights for survivors attending the National Military Survivor Seminar and Good Grief Camp.
We want everyone to be with us in Washington, D.C., and receive the love and support TAPS provides. TAPS hopes we can award tickets to those who feel the cost of a flight would prohibit them from attending or cause a true financial burden. If this is the case, we encourage you to apply. If you are in a position to buy your own tickets, we ask that you do so that families who need donated airfare can receive it.
Flights are donated to TAPS by Hero Miles, and that organization has the following eligibility restrictions:
- The applicant's loved one must have been active duty at the time of the death or the death was related to their service in current combat/military efforts
- The applicant must have never canceled a Hero Miles flight
- The applicant must be an immediate family member/relation to the service member (parent, stepparent, legal guardian, spouse, ex-spouse, fiance, child, adopted child or stepchild who was raised by the service member, sibling or stepsibling)
- Recipients of Hero Miles flights for the National Military Survivor Seminar will not be eligible to receive donated flights to attend the National Military Suicide Survivor Seminar
In addition, TAPS will give preference to those who are attending their first National Military Survivor Seminar and Good Grief Camp.
HOW TO REQUEST DONATED AIRFARE
- Register for the TAPS National Survivor Seminar and Good Grief Camp
- Submit payment for the event OR have fees waived by requesting and being granted a scholarship for registration fees so your registration is in "paid" status
- Complete all intake forms
- Make a request for flights by March 30
- Use the registration system to request Hero Miles flights. One form MUST be completed for each person on your registration, including children.
Please call us at 800-959-TAPS (8277) or email email@example.com with questions.