Colorado Celebrity Classic
Save the Date for next year's event to be held on June 15 - 16, 2018
As Americans, we're all called to serve. Some are privileged to know military life, some of us support their efforts from the sidelines. We all do what we can.
Established in 2005, the non-profit Colorado Celebrity Classic to benefit TAPS celebrates the lives of our fallen military heroes by helping their families. This year, your donation will help fund the Colorado Regional Survivors Seminar and the Good Grief Camp for children.
With input from many loyal supporters, we're changing things up this year and are bringing you something new, combining the best elements from 12 years of the Colorado Celebrity Classic.
Because everyone's favorite is the Songwriters Show, and because The Ranch is such a favored venue, we are combining the two for one great TAPS concert in 2017. And, per many requests, our Celebrity Golf Tournament has been restructured to a fun day of golf at the USAFA Eisenhower Golf Club. Play is limited to only ten teams. Gold Sponsors choose their team: three players plus a celebrity or your own four players. Play your own ball. Shotgun start.
FRIDAY, JUNE 16, 2017
The Saluting our Fallen Heroes Dinner & Songwriters Show
The Grove Family Ranch, 6-10 pm
- We're keeping the most-favored, intimate and fun Songwriters Show as our featured entertainment. Billy Montana, Frank Myers, Keni Thomas and Jimmy Nichols are producing a new show just for the 2017 Colorado Classic. Join these Grammy and Country Music Award-winning artists and their friends, internationally renowned RB/Pop group, All-4-One. Hear the stories behind the songs and get the real skinny on what makes a song memorable - and a hit!
- Come early, meet your friends, have a drink and start the party with the music of Tony David & Wildefire.
- The Coors Cowboy Club "Chuckwagon Crew" are coming from Amarillo, TX to prepare and serve their famous and delicious, pit-roasted prime rib dinner, complete with all the fixin's and signature banana pudding. Dinner will be served between 6-7 pm.
- Plan to bid at the fast-paced Live Auction with spectacular items posted in advance on-line so you and your friends can plan ahead for a trip or a House Concert. To keep our schedule from going too late, the Silent Auction will ONLY be on-line.
- So that everyone can contribute to help a TAPS family, chances for the very fun Heads-and-Tails game will be available for only $25 - and we're planning some other cool surprises.
- Some of the items on our sale table: Send a uniform-dressed teddy bear along with your note of good wishes to a TAPS child; gratitude bracelets handmade by women in Afghanistan and Iraq; and the award-winning children's book, Klinger, inspired by the true life story of a Caisson Platoon horse at Arlington National Cemetery, along with other TAPS gifts.
SATURDAY, JUNE 17, 2017
Eisenhower Golf Club at the US Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs
- As part of the GOLD Sponsor package, a limited number of foursomes are invited to play at the USAFA Eisenhower Golf Club. This is not a golf tournament.
- Name your own team of four or choose to bring three players and be matched with a songwriter or a three-star or four-star General (Ret.)
- Play your own ball.
- Shotgun start at 11 a.m.
- Box lunch, beer, water, and soft drinks provided on the course
- A private catered dinner at the USAFA Eisenhower Room follows golf
- Not a tournament; only ten team slots available; first priority for play to Presenting Sponsors and Gold Sponsors. Individual golfer spots only as space may be available. As of 2/18/2017, there are only five golf team slots available.
Your donation may be tax deductible as allowed by law.
We are proud to announce that TAPS has received 4 out of 4 stars from Charity Navigator and recently, TAPS founder, Bonnie Carroll, was awarded the very prestigious Presidential Medal of Freedom Award.
Contact Lynne or Bo Cottrell 303-696-0450; lcottrell@TAPS.org for more information and/or to be put on the mailing list.