Know Your Education Benefits
As you move through your grief, you may choose to make some changes — changes that set you up for the life you want to live. An important change includes education.
TAPS serves as a guide to scholarship information and benefits resources for military survivors. Our education support coordinators can help explain benefits, work with you to align resources and education goals, provide talking points to schools, colleges, and universities, and help you go confidently into the next phase of your life.
When you contact the TAPS Education Support Services team, you’ll find they have the expertise and knowledge to answer questions about education benefits and eligibility. Your education is part of your loved one’s legacy for you — and we want you to grow into it with as much peace of mind as possible.
For education assistance, call TAPS Education Support Services at 800-959-TAPS (8277) or email email@example.com.
Ways to Fund Your Education
There are hundreds of millions of dollars in scholarship funds available; each scholarship has its own eligibility and selection criteria. TAPS doesn’t influence the selection process for scholarships, but we’re more than happy to help you prepare.
Scholarship Search Tool
Use our scholarship search tool to see what scholarships and grants you may be eligible for.
Search our list of benefits by state to learn more about the education benefits your state offers.
- Marine Gunnery SGT. John D. Fry scholarship (Fry, CFR Chapter 33)
- Maximum in-state tuition of $17,500 at any school, state or private
- Allowance of up to $1,000 a year for books
- Stipend equivalent to the salary of an E-5 with dependents
- 36 months of benefits, ages 18 to 33, for surviving children and spouses of those who died in the line of duty
- Survivors and Dependents’ Educational Assistance (DEA, CFR Chapter 35)
- $1,003 a month toward the cost of education
- 45 months of benefits for children up to the age of 26 and spouses 20 years from the date of their loved one’s death
You can also request a free copy of the TAPS Education Support Services Quick Series Guide by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.