Young Adults (ages 18-30) Program Coordinator
Posting Date: September 24, 2021
Reports To: Manager, Young Adult Program
This position will support the Young Adult Program's work with surviving military children and siblings, ages 18 to 30 years, for all in-person and virtual events. A successful candidate would manage the onsite logistics including survivor registrations/travel, supplies, and activities for in-person events; and create and maintain the calendar of virtual program offerings.
- Works closely with the Young Adult Program Manager to competently coordinate lodging and venues for Young Adult Experiences
- Researches potential locations and vendors that fit the goals of the 5 Pillars of the Young Adult Program
- Manages the coordination of event services such as rooms, transportation, and meeting spaces for Young Adult events
- Solicits bids for event venues and service providers
- Manages ordering and shipping of supplies for Young Adult Program events
- Collaborates with Young Adult Program team to manage event timelines, trackers, and the creation of corresponding processes and procedures
- Coordinates with Event Team for regional and national seminar events; to include proper space, registrations, and schedule of offerings
- Attends various survivor events, including but not limited to regional seminars, national seminars and Young Adult Experiences and other program obligations as assigned
- Engages families, organizations and partners on Young Adult Experience programs (in-person and virtual events)
- Provides outreach out to TAPS surviving children and siblings 18 to 30 years old, for Young Adult events across the country and virtual
- Administration responsibilities pre and post event may include database updates, event registrations, impact assessment and after action reports
- Works seamlessly with Communications department to promote events and updates in Young Adult Program
- Creates and maintains master calendar of events, virtual and in-person
- Creates and maintains virtual schedule and registrations
- Researches and updates 5 Pillars on TAPS Young Adult landing page, one pillar per week
- Provides statistical data to Impact Assessment team
- Other duties as assigned by manager of Young Adult Programs
- Undergraduate degree or related experience
- 3+ years related experience
- Ability to travel multiple times a year
- Able to work independently, well-organized
- Superior professional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Personable, tactful, compassionate, ability to interact with a diverse population
- Must be a self-starter
- Must be punctual, reliable and a team player
- Ability to work Eastern Time Zone workday
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite
- Ability to carry minimum of 25 lbs.
Commensurate with experience
TAPS provides a range of benefits and three weeks of paid vacation per year.
Please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org along with "Young Adults Program Coordinator" and your name in the subject line. Include a cover letter that concisely explains how your experience could be applied to TAPS.
TAPS is an equal opportunity employer.