Survivor Care Team Member
Posting Date: November 22, 2022
Location: Can be remote
This position will provide compassionate care and connection to programs and services for bereaved military families after the death of their military family member. This is accomplished through active and ongoing outreach to identify needs and includes providing peer emotional support and building relationships among the survivor community to deepen the foundation of support for military survivors.
- Respond to inbound calls received from Survivors
- Provide grief support outreach and needs assessment, and facilitate survivor connections to internal programs and services
- Facilitate appropriate referrals to colleagues for follow-up support
- Manage caseload and provide follow-up support to Survivors according to care protocols
- Maintain proper documentation of all Survivor contact in the TAPS Survivor Database
- Augment Survivor records with additional information obtained from 3rd party sources, such as obituary data on the deceased from web-based sources, and data provided by Service Component Casualty Affairs
- Occasional travel in support of TAPS Survivor events
- Apply training to assess suicide risk and develop safety plan
- Work collaboratively within the Survivor Services team to address Survivor needs
- Must be a military survivor, a minimum of two years post-loss
- Advanced degree in psychology, social work, or related field preferred
- 3-5 years experience in a helping field or in a related area
- Able to work independently, well-organized
- Must be tactful, compassionate, and reliable
- Must have excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Able to exercise sound judgment, discretion, and confidentiality
- Possess intermediate skills in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Bilingual Spanish a plus
Commensurate with experience
TAPS provides a range of benefits and three weeks of paid vacation per year.
Please email a resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org along with "Survivor Care Team Member" and your name in the subject line. Include a cover letter that concisely explains how your experience could be applied to TAPS.
TAPS is an equal opportunity employer.