Media Relations Manager
Posting Date: November 13, 2019
Location: TAPS Headquarters in Arlington, Virginia
Reports to: Director, Communications
The media relations manager will oversee outreach to the media, generating news coverage that promotes the TAPS brand, responding to requests for interviews, monitoring coverage of TAPS, and maintaining a media contact list.
- Develop relationship with members of the print, broadcast, and digital media, in particular those who cover issues relevant to service members, veterans, and their families.
- Working closely with TAPS senior leadership, the director of communications, and TAPS policy team, proactively pitch and secure media placements that enhance the TAPS brand as the leading national organization providing compassionate care and survivor support services to loved ones grieving the loss of a service member.
- Respond promptly and professionally to requests for interviews by arranging for TAPS subject matter experts and select survivors to publicly comment on relevant issues, shaping stories to support TAPS objectives.
- Prepare talking points and other communications materials to assist senior company leaders and subject matter experts who are approved to speak on behalf of the company; act as spokesperson when needed.
- Provide training and preparation for media interviews.
- Write and/or edit articles, op-eds, and press releases.
- Manage media relations calendar, metrics, media relations processes and press release approvals.
- Plan and oversee press events.
- Produce press kits for distribution at major TAPS events.
- Monitor coverage of TAPS using latest media monitoring tools, share articles with appropriate staff, and prepare responses to negative or misleading reports.
- Working closely with social media team, promote positive press coverage via relevant social media channels.
- Maintain media room on TAPS website.
- Maintain media contact database.
- BA/MA degree in Journalism, Mass Communications or a related discipline.
- A minimum of five years of relevant experience.
- Military public affairs experience a plus.
- Experience building enduring relationships with local and national media outlets, especially those who cover military affairs.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills.
- Working knowledge of AP Style.
- Solid experience with social media including blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Self-motivated with the ability to multitask and reprioritize to respond to emerging media opportunities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with senior leadership as well as peers.
- Places high-value on teamwork and collaboration but can work independently.
Commensurate with experience
TAPS provides a range of benefits and three weeks of paid vacation per year.
Please send a resume and salary history to email@example.com along with "Media Relations Manager" and your name in the subject line. Include a cover letter that concisely explains how your experience could be applied to TAPS.
TAPS is an equal opportunity employer.