Posting Date: April 7, 2021
Location: TAPS National Headquarters, Arlington, Virginia
The Development Associate is an integral part of the Development team, responsible for all aspects of donation tracking, reporting, receipts, and acknowledgements. Candidate would be responsible for maintaining the donor and mailing databases, inputting and retrieving donation data, and ensuring the accuracy of the database.
- Receiving, recording and responding to donations
- Maintaining specialized databases
- Composing correspondence
- Assist with development mailings
- Assist with development events, as needed
- Review donations received by mail to the office and input all gift and donor. information into the database accurately, using Blackbaud, Raiser’s Edge platform. Donations can be in the form of checks, cash, credit cards, wire transfers.
- Track and acknowledge all donations made online and through third party platforms.
- Generate acknowledgments for all gifts in a timely fashion. Work with other development staff and the President to ensure that protocols for gift. acknowledgments are maintained at all gift levels.
- Effectively respond to individual donors’ inquiries through written correspondence, telephone contact, and e-mail, assuring the donor that their needs are processed immediately upon request.
- Perform regular maintenance in the database, including updating donor records and processing account code and donation changes.
- Accurately track and run reports weekly and as requested, on all campaigns, appeals, funds, and revenue to be reconciled with the TAPS accounting department.
- Support large-scale mailings and donor outreach.
- Supports local major events, as needed.
- 2-4 years of experience in Blackbaud, Raiser’s Edge; with Luminate experience a plus
- Proficient with external donor tracking, i.e., DAFs, Benevity, PayPal, Revv
- 2-4 years of experience working in a non-profit organization preferred
- Strong proficiency in Windows 2007, Excel, Microsoft Word (Mail Merge) and Google Docs
- Must be accurate and detail oriented, possess strong organizational and time management skills and the ability to prioritize competing priorities in a complex and fast paced environment
- Work from the TAPS Headquarters office in Arlington, Virginia
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Sensitivity to the military community
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment
- Must have excellent customer service skills
Commensurate with experience
Please send a resume and salary history to email@example.com along with "Development Associate" and your name in the subject line. Include a cover letter that concisely explains how your experience could be applied to TAPS.
TAPS is an equal opportunity employer.