State Survivor Benefits For Wyoming

Free Tuition for War Veterans and Surviving Dependents


  • Children, stepchildren if DEERS eligible and spouses (remarried or unremarried)
  • Children must use benefits before turning 22
  • Service member must have been killed in action or died of service connected disability, suicides are considered on a case by case basis
  • Service member must have entered service from Wyoming, there is no residency requirement for the student
  • Can be used with federal benefits


  • Waiver of tuition and fees
  • Does not cover room, board or books
  • Maximum of 10 semesters covered
  • Benefit only covers undergraduate degree
  • Must be used at a Wyoming state funded postsecondary institution


  • Copy of DD1300 or DD214
  • Copy of service members death certificate
  • Copy of students birth certificate
  • Proof of residency
  • Copy of marriage license for spouses
  • Proof of deployment

Application due date: Varies by school

Contact for further information: Contact the schools financial aid office directly

Note: This information is current as of September 16, 2014. The information provided is meant to provide a general overview of the state benefits and should be considered in connection with individual circumstances.