TAPS National Military Survivor Helpline
Posting Date: June 16, 2017
TAPS is looking for 2 part-time experienced professionals to be our first responders to calls from survivors on our National Military Survivor Helpline.
This position is responsible for connecting with those grieving the loss of a loved one. The TAPS National Helpline calls are answered continuously and live around the clock to meet the needs of any person who has lost a loved one in the military regardless of relationship to the deceased, geography, or circumstance of the death. The National Helpline is the military surviving family’s gateway for comfort, care, crisis response and community based resources.
Essential Job Functions
- Actively participates in ensuring the telephone calls/service requests are handled in an effective and friendly manner.
- Provides grief support, guidance, direction, and appropriate referrals for follow-up to third parties.
- Documents all contacts with Survivors in the TAPS database.
- Provides reports on number and type of calls handled.
- Must be a military survivor
- Degree in psychology, social work or counseling, advanced degree a plus
- 3-5 years’ experience in the field or in a related area,
- Highly motivated, passionate team player with demonstrated commitment to TAPS
- Non-judgmental and patient at all times
- Able to effectively handle multiple priorities with a strong attention to detail in a fast paced environment
- Must possess a professional demeanor and excellent oral communications skills
- Able to troubleshoot, identify viable options and problem-solve
- Ability to communicate with diverse personalities in a tactful, mature and flexible manner
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office programs, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
Commensurate with experience
TAPS provides a range of benefits and three weeks of paid vacation per year.
Please send a resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the job title and your name in the subject line. Include a cover letter that concisely explains how your experience could be applied to TAPS.
TAPS is an equal opportunity employer.