TAPS Together: Virtual Book Club - Rising Strong
This event is open to all adult military survivors.
We warmly invite you to join our TAPS Dare to Lead facilitator, Terri Williams, as she hosts a virtual book club featuring Brene' Brown's book, Rising Strong. Each week new chapters will be discussed virtually via Zoom. Rising Strong is the third in a series of books Brene Brown has written about the importance of vulnerability and authenticity in one's life. Here she discusses how the physics of vulnerability is simple: If we are brave enough often enough, we will fall. The author of Daring Greatly and The Gifts of Imperfection tells us what it takes to get back up, and how owning our stories of disappointment, failure, and heartbreak gives us the power to write a daring new ending. Struggle, Brené Brown writes, can be our greatest call to courage, and rising strong our clearest path to deeper meaning, wisdom, and hope.
Virtual via Zoom video chat.
- January 9: Orientation
- Jsnusry 16: Chapter One - The Physics of Vulnerability
- Jsnusry 23: Chapter Two - Civilization Stops at the Waterline
- Jsnusry 30: Chapter Three - Owning Our Stories
- February 6: Chapter Four - The Reckoning
- February 13: Chapter Five - The Rumble
- February 20: No Meeting
- February 27: Chapter Six - Sewer Rats and Scofflaws
- March 6: Chapter Seven - The Brave and Brokenhearted
- March 13: Chapter Eight - Easy Mark
- March 20: Chapter Nine - Composting Failure
- March 27: Chapter Ten - You Got to Dance with Them That Brung You
- April 3: Chapter Eleven - The Revolution
To learn more about this exciting program and to register, please click on the blue button at the top of this page. For questions, please reach out to the TAPS Togethers team at email@example.com.