Women's Empowerment Coordinator
Posting Date: November 16, 2021
Location: Can work remote
Reports to: Director, Women's Empowerment
This part-time position is responsible for coordinating survivor support for the Women's Empowerment program and engaging survivors in support of the virtual and in-person events. A successful candidate would coordinate onsite logistics and supplies; research potential locations; and work closely with the team to ensure seamless set-up, execution, and resourcing for Women's Empowerment retreats. This candidate would also lead workshop modules and retreat activities as needed, and work with the team to continue to ensure a meaningful survivor experience through both content and communication support.
- Serve as point person for survivor travel, including but not limited to coordinating shuttles, airport information, and arrival and departure logistics. Serve as start-to-finish point of contact on travel days. Liaise between attendees and properties to ensure a positive survivor experience.
- Provide on-site support for survivors to address real-time needs
- Coordinate with the Event Operations team to procure and provide event supplies and support:
- TAPS marketing and promotional supplies (signage, tablecloths, etc.)
- Event giveaways and supplies (e.g., totes, bracelets, pens, shirts, lanyards, etc.)
- Store merchandise for sale on-site, if appropriate
- Hotel and retreat survivor lodging
- Assist in the development of schedules and itineraries
- Coordinate application, registration, and event close-out procedures, including recording attendance for virtual and in-person events
- Provide support to survivors before the Women’s Empowerment retreat through calls and emails, reducing attrition and manage expectations with proactive outreach
- Provide support to survivors after the retreat
- Support physical activities as needed
- Task survivor follow-up to other teams as needed
- Respond to other tasking as requested
- Must be a military survivor
- Undergraduate degree or at least 3 years of related experience
- Ability to lift 40 lbs.
- Ability to travel
- Able to work independently; well-organized
- Must be tactful, compassionate, and reliable
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to exercise sound judgment and discretion
- Must be detail-oriented and able to manage expenses
- Require intermediate skills in Google Docs
- Must be able to participate in a variety of moderate athletic activities
- Proficiency in virtual platforms such as Zoom, Google Meet, etc.
Commensurate with experience
TAPS provides a range of benefits and three weeks of paid vacation per year.
Please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org along with "Women's Empowerment Coordinator" and your name in the subject line. Include a cover letter that concisely explains how your experience could be applied to TAPS.
TAPS is an equal opportunity employer.