Survivor Support Coordinator
Posting Date: May 17, 2021
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: TAPS Headquarters in Arlington, Virginia
Reports to: Vice President, Survivor Services
The Survivor Support Coordinator will be responsible for fulfilling orders from our Care Team, carefully packing the requested kits filled with support and resources, and sending these packages to bereaved military survivors. The coordinator will maintain the supply chain of items, negotiate price points, and assemble the Survivor Care Kits for TAPS families.
- Prepare and ship TAPS Survivor Resource Kits to newly bereaved military survivors
- Collaborate with TAPS Survivor Care Team to identify appropriate items for inclusion in the Survivor Resource Kits
- Source and negotiate items to be included in the kits
- Maintain the supply chain of items which will be included in the Kits
- Maintain inventory, tracking, and cost of all items included in kits
- Generate reports for management review
- Complete expense projection for the consideration of new items in the kits
- Passion to support the families of America’s fallen heroes
- Enthusiastic support for the mission of TAPS
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Excellent written skills
- Effective time management
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative setting
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Professional, enthusiastic, entrepreneurial, “can do” attitude
- Ability to handle order fulfillment; prior experience with care package fulfillment a plus
- Experience in merchandising to include item selection, vendor negotiation, order tracking
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Organized self-starter with a positive attitude
- Patient and willing to work collaboratively with a team
- Able to meet deadlines and work until the job is done
Commensurate with experience
TAPS provides a range of benefits and three weeks of paid vacation per year.
Please send a resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org along with "Survivor Support Coordinator" and your name in the subject line. Include a cover letter that concisely explains how your experience could be applied to TAPS.
TAPS is an equal opportunity employer.