MANAGER, SURVIVOR EXPERIENCES
Posting Date: March 13, 2019
Location: TAPS Headquarters in Arlington, Virginia
Reports to: Director, Operations of Sports & Entertainment
The Manager of Survivor Experiences, working as part of the Sports & Entertainment team, will execute the Survivor Experiences program for TAPS survivors integrating local partners, community and cultural institutions to develop and implement programming.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Oversee and manage survivor outreach, logistics, operations and event management of assigned TAPS Survivor Experiences across the country
- Implement new application process and oversee outreach to TAPS survivors for events
- Create event timelines, trackers, and the creation of corresponding processes and procedures
- Interact with surviving family members, partners, executives and sponsors in a professional and appropriate manner
- Work with each partner, donor or sponsor on events to ensure fulfillment of contract or grant obligations and be a support person for requests coming in from sponsors
- Track all in-kind donations
- Conduct daily program duties: travel planning, outreach, mailings, gear and supply orders
- Close out each event in a timely manner (survivor attendance, after action reports and notes)
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Event Management or related field
- 4+ year event experience
- Marketing and/or sales experience preferred
- Familiarity/expertise with database management and online event registration
- Experience in community relations; experience interacting with community base and outreach
- Understanding the importance of building and managing long-term relationships
- Acute attention to detail in all facets of the job
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written); experience working with media preferred
- Excellent organizational skills
- Extensive Travel: Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as scheduled
- Personable, ability to interact with people
- Must be punctual and a team player
- Familiarity with military and military families preferred
Commensurate with experience
TAPS provides a range of benefits and three weeks of paid vacation per year.
Please send a resume and salary history to email@example.com along with "Survivor Experiences Manager" and your name in the subject line. Include a cover letter that concisely explains how your experience could be applied to TAPS.
TAPS is an equal opportunity employer.