Survivor Care Team Associate
Posting Date: September 24, 2021
Reports To: Manager, Survivor Care Team
This position will provide compassionate care and connection to programs and services for bereaved military young adults in support of the TAPS Young Adults Program. This is accomplished through active and ongoing outreach to identify needs and includes providing peer-based emotional support and building relationships among the survivor community to deepen the foundation of support for military survivors.
- Provide grief support outreach and needs assessment, and facilitate connections to internal programs and services for surviving young adults
- Respond to inbound calls received from Survivors as needed
- Facilitate appropriate referrals to colleagues for follow-up supports
- Manage caseload and provide follow-up support to Survivors according to care protocols
- Maintain proper documentation of all Survivor contact in the TAPS Survivor Database
- Augment Survivor records with additional information obtained from 3rd party sources, such as obituary data on the deceased from web-based sources, and data provided by Service Component Casualty Affairs
- Occasional travel in support of TAPS Young Adults events
- Apply training to assess suicide risk and develop safety plan
- Work collaboratively within the Survivor Services team to address Survivor needs
- Must be an adult military survivor, having lost a parent in service
- Must be a minimum of two years post-loss
- Degree in psychology, social work, or related field preferred
- 2-3 years experience in a helping field or in a related area
- Able to work independently, well-organized
- Must be tactful, compassionate, and reliable
- Must have excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Able to exercise sound judgment, discretion, and confidentiality
- Possess intermediate skills in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
Commensurate with experience
TAPS provides a range of benefits and three weeks of paid vacation per year.
Please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org along with "Survivor Care Team Associate" and your name in the subject line. Include a cover letter that concisely explains how your experience could be applied to TAPS.
TAPS is an equal opportunity employer.