Coordinator, Sports & Entertainment
Posting Date: April 7, 2021
Location: TAPS National Headquarters, Arlington, Virginia
This position will support the Sports & Entertainment department's work with surviving military families and the organization's Sports & Entertainment partners within the teams4taps, Stars4TAPS and Survivor Experiences programs to connect TAPS families with professional sports programs and the entertainment industry to bring hope and healing while honoring their fallen heroes.
- Support the Sports & Entertainment team’s work with families, sports teams/organizations, and entertainment partners on teams4taps, Stars4TAPS and Survivor Experience programs (in-person and virtual events)
- Manage all registration duties; working with Manager to pull, maintain, update and track lists of survivors attending events and submit lists to TAPS staff for database updates
- Assist and support with outreach and recruitment of TAPS survivors for sports and entertainment events across the country
- Assist with tracking in-kind donations
- Coordination and execution of assigned events – including travel to events; manage checklists with managers and/or lead staff on event
- Daily support for Sports & Entertainment team (travel, outreach, mailings, t-shirt/supply orders and shipments)
- Assist with/manage event timelines, trackers, and the creation of corresponding processes and procedures
- Research and work to bring on new teams and entertainment partners
- Interact with surviving family members, executives and sponsors in a professional and appropriate manner
- Support Director, Vice President with national programs and special events
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor and/or the VP of Sports & Entertainment
- Bachelor’s Degree Required (Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, or related field preferred)
- 2+ years’ experience (within the sports or entertainment industry or community relations preferred)
- Acute attention to detail in all facets of the job
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects in fast paced environment
- Superior communication skills (verbal and written); excellent phone communications a must
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to travel (20%) as well as work nights, weekends and holidays as scheduled
- Personable, tactful, compassionate, ability to interact with a diverse population
- Must be punctual, reliable and a team player
- Familiarity with military and military families preferred
- Familiarity with database management, online event registration and virtual event platforms
- Marketing and/or sales experience
- Experience working with media; familiarity with social media
- Ability to carry a minimum of 15 lbs.
- Ability to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time (in all weather conditions)
Commensurate with experience
Please send a resume and salary history to email@example.com along with "Sports & Entertainment Coordinator" and your name in the subject line. Include a cover letter that concisely explains how your experience could be applied to TAPS.
TAPS is an equal opportunity employer.