Social Media Specialist
Posting Date: June 10, 2021
Location: TAPS Headquarters in Arlington, Virginia
The Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors (TAPS) is looking for a skilled Social Media Specialist. This candidate will be responsible for creating and administering content on all social media platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Twitter, to build an audience and ensure the engagement of followers. They will work closely with TAPS staff members, especially others in the Communications Department to develop campaigns that align with TAPS’s brand identity, mission, and service offerings.
They will engage with internal and external influencers, build an audience, and will apply search engine optimization (SEO) tactics to ensure maximum survivor and external donor/partner engagement. The Specialist will maintain social media profiles on behalf the organization. The Specialist will also be responsible for contributing to the content creation process by creating social media posts or designing the creative for posts and/or infographics. The Specialist will also monitor site metrics and respond to reader comments.
- Write long- and short-form social media messages that attract new users and engage current users
- Use data to analyze what is working, what is not, and reinforce or refocus key messages accordingly
- Work with multiple teams to develop strategy, work with designers, write copy, manage social communities, and analyze data
- Help convert the TAPS brand fans into loyal supporters and members (survivors) with engaging, responsive, responsible, surprising, and captivating social media interactions
- Attend events and conduct live social media engagements
- Maintain TAPS brand guidelines and messaging
- Collaborate with internal TAPS departments and external partners to create a social media calendar via Sprout Social and Microsoft Excel
- Monitor social media channels for breaking news and content relevant to the TAPS mission for repurposing or creating original content
- Ensure engagement metrics remain high by engaging with followers through comments, shares, likes, etc.
- Respond to messages that come through social channel mail components and forward to appropriate personnel for action
- Review metrics and create reports that include data on engagement, audience growth, demographics, impressions, post links, etc.
- Be conversant on Google Analytics and the SproutSocial platform
- Assist in the development of social media strategy
- Familiarity with video and photo editing tools, digital media formats, and HTML
- Understanding of historical, current, and future trends in the digital content and social media space
- Strong copywriting and copy editing skills
- Top-notch communication skills
- Impeccable time management skills with the ability to multitask
- Detail-oriented approach with ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- 3-5 years previous work experience as a Social Media Analyst, Social Media Coordinator or similar role
- Hands-on experience with social media platforms and digital marketing campaigns
- In-depth understanding of SEO, keyword search and Google Analytics
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to identify target audience preferences and trends
- Able to manage a fast-paced environment
- Preferred degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field
Commensurate with experience
TAPS provides a range of benefits and three weeks of paid vacation per year.
Please send a resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org along with "Social Media Specialist" and your name in the subject line. Include a cover letter that concisely explains how your experience could be applied to TAPS.
TAPS is an equal opportunity employer.