Social Media Specialist
Posting Date: September 9, 2022
Reports to: Communications Manager - External and Digital
Location: TAPS National Headquarters, Arlington, Virginia
The Social Media Specialist is a full-time, entry level position that will support management, strategy, and content creation for the Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors (TAPS) social media channels. The social media landscape is constantly evolving, and the Social Media Specialist will be expected to keep up with new trends, platforms, and changes that arise.
- Under the direction of the External Communications Manager, support day-to-day management of the TAPS social media channels which includes, but is not limited to, answering direct messages, responding to public comments, and passing along any issues that arise, particularly those in need of survivor care
- Work collaboratively with communications staff in content creation: gathering/sharing original content ideas, curating video and image assets, and writing captions
- Research new, evolving social media platforms and changes to current platforms and report findings back to the external communications team
- Tracks, gathers, and reports on social media analytics when requested
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, or related field
- 3-5 years experience working with a brand on social media and familiarly with tracking social media analytics
- Experience in social media management and strong knowledge of the social media platforms TAPS is currently using (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using Adobe Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, and Google Suite
- Detail-oriented, multi-tasker who thrives under tight deadlines and quick turnarounds
- Experience with photo and video shooting/editing will be highly considered
Commensurate with experience
TAPS provides a range of benefits and three weeks of paid vacation per year.
Please email a resume and salary requirements to email@example.com along with "Social Media Specialist" and your name in the subject line. Include a cover letter that concisely explains how your experience could be applied to TAPS.
TAPS is an equal opportunity employer.