Social Media Coordinator
Posting Date: May 8, 2019
Location: TAPS Headquarters in Arlington, Virginia
The Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors (TAPS) seeks a compassionate, full-time social media coordinator.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage and grow the TAPS presence on social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SnapChat, Pinterest and YouTube
- Create and follow an editorial calendar for social media
- Create, manage and curate original content (images, video and written)
- Generate, write, edit, and publish content multiple times daily to drive traffic and engagement, build connections among TAPS audiences, represent TAPS appropriately, and raise awareness of the organization’s mission
- Monitor comments and work with the TAPS Survivor Care Team to respond to inquiries appropriately in a timely manner
- Propose and develop strategies for dynamic social media themes, special programs and campaigns
- Post from TAPS events in real time
- Monitor news and trends to proactively recommend ways for TAPS to be part of the conversation via social media
- Understand Sprout Social, Google Analytics and other tools to measure impact, assess content effectiveness and improve results
- Consistently provide insights gained from social media monitoring to help guide strategic development of TAPS initiatives and activities
- Train and coach internal staff as needed
- Contribute to and collaborate on TAPS communications efforts as needed
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, journalism, or related field
- Experience handling social media for an organization on a daily basis
- Working knowledge of social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SnapChat, Pinterest and YouTube
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs
- Strong understanding of SEO best practices
- Ability to use Sprout Social, Google Analytics and other engagement measurement tools to drive content strategy
- Superb writer and communicator
- Knowledge of the military a must
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong visual sensibility
- Ability to work quickly, meet tight deadlines, and respond to changing circumstances
- Positive attitude and collaborative spirit
Commensurate with experience
TAPS provides a range of benefits and three weeks of paid vacation per year.
Please submit a résumé with cover letter detailing your interest, qualifications and compensation requirements by email, indicating position title (Social Media Coordinator) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TAPS is an equal opportunity employer.