Posting Date: October 30, 2023
Reports to: Human Resources
Location: TAPS National Headquarters, Arlington, Virginia
The incumbent of this position works with senior management and program staff to create and maintain administrative processes to support the efficient and effective implementation of TAPS business functions, programs, and services.
- Maintains office supplies
- Manages reception area
- Maintains files
- Receives and distributes mail
- Manages the relationship with the building management informing staff of any building event or repair
- Manages parking
- Files expense reports for Administration
- Reconciles shipping invoices and assigns department cost codes
- Manages recording of fobs for new hires and building gym forms
- Distributes materials to TAPS team as requested
- Supports Headquarter functions
- Interviews and hires caterers
- Coordinates special functions
- Manages the Honor Wall of Remembrance
- Connects with Survivors on their wording and picture of their loved one
- Keeps accurate inventory of tiles
- POC with supplier and wall designer
- Updates and maintains order information
- Schedules meetings with survivors to view the Honor Wall
- Manages local volunteers
- Manages Signup Genius
- Manages volunteer relationships with local schools and companies
- Tracks and reports monthly volunteer hours to Impact Assessment
- Supports National Military Survivor Seminar (Memorial Day weekend)
- Assists in the development of statistical reports as requested
- Assists Development with receipt of mail and recording donations
- College degree or equivalent in work experience
- Minimum of five years additional administrative experience at a senior level
- Highly developed communication skills
- Strong multitasking ability
- Excellent organizational skills
- Advanced Outlook, Word, and Excel skills
- Emotional maturity, discretion, excellent judgment
- Ability to work well with remote colleagues and volunteers
- Must be able to list 30 lbs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Commensurate with experience
TAPS provides a range of benefits and three weeks of paid vacation per year.
Please email a resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org along with "Office Manager" and your name in the subject line. Include a cover letter that concisely explains how your experience could be applied to TAPS.
TAPS is an equal opportunity employer.