Posting Date: May 6, 2022
Location: TAPS Headquarters in Arlington, Virginia
The incumbent of this position works with senior management and program staff to create and maintain administrative processes to support the efficient and effective implementation of TAPS business functions, programs, and services.
- Maintain office supplies
- Manage reception desk
- Maintain files
- Answer phones and receive guests
- Receive and distribute mail
- Manage the relationship with the building management informing staff of any building event or repair
- Develop and manage an inventory system for all storage locations
- Maintain inventory of Survivor materials
- Distribute materials to TAPS team as requested
- Support Headquarter functions
- Manage the Honor Wall of Remembrance
- Connect with Survivors on their wording and picture
- Keep accurate inventory
- Point of contact with supplier and wall designer
- Update and maintain order information
- Schedule meetings with survivors to view the Honor Wall
- Support National Military Survivor Seminar (Memorial Day weekend)
Registration, Training and Risk Management
- Ensure all volunteers are registered through the volunteer database
- Ensure all volunteers complete the online orientation prior to assigning an “ACTIVE” designation
- Periodic review of volunteer orientation; modifications as necessary
- Periodic review of volunteer handbook; modifications as necessary
- Background checks for any volunteers having direct access to children
- Clear communication of volunteer tasks and expectations prior to events
- Assist in the development of statistical reports as requested
- College degree or equivalent in work experience and education
- Minimum of five years additional administrative experience at a senior level
- Highly developed communication skills
- Strong multitasking ability
- Excellent organizational and math skills
- Advanced Outlook, Word, and Excel skills
- Emotional maturity, discretion, excellent judgment
- Ability to work well with remote colleagues and volunteers
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Commensurate with experience
TAPS provides a range of benefits and three weeks of paid vacation per year.
Please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org along with "Office Manager" and your name in the subject line. Include a cover letter that concisely explains how your experience could be applied to TAPS.
TAPS is an equal opportunity employer.