TAPS National Military Survivor Helpline
Posting Date: September 19, 2022
The position will be responsible for connecting with those grieving the loss of a military loved one. The TAPS National Helpline calls are answered continuously and live around the clock 24/7 to meet the needs of any person who has lost a loved one in the military regardless of relationship to the deceased, geography, or circumstance of the death. The National Helpline is the military surviving family's gateway for comfort, care, crisis response and community based resources.
- Receives and places calls using the ConnectOne platform
- Directs post-call messages via emails and database logs to staff for follow up
- Greets and handles each caller in a friendly and professional manner
- Provides grief support, guidance, direction, and appropriate referrals
- Codes incoming calls to ensure statistical tracking
- Documents contacts in the TAPS Database in a timely manner
- Monitors email during shift to ensure any missed calls are returned or directed to correct staff member
- Maintains familiarity with programs, services, and points of contact for a broad spectrum of organizational needs and events
- Conducts suicide risk assessment for callers who exhibit signs of suicidal ideation
- Follows all protocols and maintains confidentiality regarding all calls
- Military Survivor preferred
- Degree in psychology, social work, or a related field a plus
- 3-5 years of experience in support profession
- Highly motivated, passionate team player
- Must be tactful, compassionate, reliable, non-judgmental, and patient
- Must have excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to remain calm in difficult situations
- Ability to acquire necessary technical skills
- Able to exercise sound judgment, discretion, and confidentiality
- Able to effectively handle multiple priorities with a strong attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Must possess a professional demeanor
- Able to troubleshoot, identify viable options and problem-solve in real-time
- Possesses conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrates basic skills in Google Suite and Microsoft Office Programs
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus
Commensurate with experience
TAPS provides a range of benefits and three weeks of paid vacation per year.
Please email a resume and salary requirements to email@example.com along with "TAPS National Military Survivor Helpline" and your name in the subject line. Include a cover letter that concisely explains how your experience could be applied to TAPS.
TAPS is an equal opportunity employer.