TAPS National Military Survivor Helpline
Posting Date: March 13, 2019
Location: TAPS Headquarters in Arlington, Virginia or can also work remotely
This position is part-time.
This position is responsible for receiving calls from those grieving the loss of a loved one who reach out 24/7 to TAPS for comfort, care, resources and information. The TAPS National Military Survivor Helpline calls are answered continuously and live around the clock to meet the needs of any person grieving the death of a loved one in the military regardless of their relationship to the deceased or the location or circumstances of the death. The National Helpline is the military surviving family's gateway to TAPS at all times of the day or night for comfort, care, case work, and connections to grief counseling and community based resources.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Actively participates in ensuring telephone calls and service requests are handled in an effective and compassionate manner
- Provides grief support, guidance, direction, and appropriate connection to follow-up to TAPS team members
- Documents all contacts with survivors in the TAPS survivor database
- Provides detailed reports on all calls handled
- Must be a military survivor
- College degree in psychology, social work or counseling (advanced degree a plus)
- 3-5 years experience in the field or in a related area of caregiving and response services
- Highly motivated, compassionate team player with demonstrated commitment to TAPS
- Non-judgmental and patient at all times
- Able to handle callers in crisis in a calm manner and connect to appropriate resources
- Able to effectively handle multiple priorities with a strong attention to detail in a fast paced environment
- Must possess a professional demeanor and excellent oral and written communications skills
- Able to troubleshoot, identify viable options and problem-solve
- Ability to communicate with diverse personalities in a tactful, mature and flexible manner
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office programs, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
Commensurate with experience
TAPS provides a range of benefits and three weeks of paid vacation per year.
Please send a resume and salary history to email@example.com along with "TAPS National Military Survivor Helpline" and your name in the subject line. Include a cover letter that concisely explains how your experience could be applied to TAPS.
TAPS is an equal opportunity employer.