Military Mentor Manager
Posting Date: September 24, 2021
Reports To: Youth Programs Senior Advisor
Manages the Military Mentor Program, including: recruiting, training, scheduling, retention, recognition, and overall utilization of Military Mentors across TAPS events, most notably within TAPS Youth Programs. This is a key position within the Youth Programs team.
- Manages all aspect of the Military Mentor Program
- Identify, develop, and maintain a close working relationship with military installations to recruit Military Mentors
- Work with communications team on recruitment campaigns
- Vet Military Mentor applicants to ensure suitability for serving in the program
- Assist the Senior Advisor in updating and conducting Military Mentor training as needed
- Recruit Military Mentors for TAPS events and provide timely communications as part of event coordination
- Track Military Mentor service for purposes of recognition
- Collaborate with Senior Advisor to ensure that the Military Mentor Program is in alignment with best practices for mentor programs
- Work with families who directly request mentors to connect them with support
- Provide program updates on the Military Mentor program for staff awareness
- Foster social networking between Military Mentors
- Develop strategies and programs to enable Military Mentors to maintain engagement with TAPS between Youth Services opportunities
- Ensure the Military Mentor Program promotes wellness and improved coping skills for those serving in the program
- Coordinate with TAPS staff from other departments to fulfill requests for Military Mentor engagement
- Prior military service required; comfortable engaging senior military leaders; intimate knowledge of military protocol
- Has served as a TAPS Military Mentor
- Bachelor’s degree required in management, human services, or other relevant field
- 2-5 years of experience in project management and program development
- Ability to Operate Independently; Ability to Operate Collaboratively; Experience to Know the Difference
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional demeanor
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated; sets and achieves challenging goals; prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time effectively; organizes work to meet deadlines; develops realistic action plans
- A strong relationship builder
- Ability to travel monthly
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Commensurate with experience
TAPS provides a range of benefits and three weeks of paid vacation per year.
Please send a resume to email@example.com along with "Military Mentor Manager" and your name in the subject line. Include a cover letter that concisely explains how your experience could be applied to TAPS.
TAPS is an equal opportunity employer.