Manager, Sports & Entertainment
Posting Date: August 21, 2022
Reports to: Director, Operations, Sports & Entertainment
Location: TAPS National Headquarters, Arlington, Virginia
This position will work directly with surviving military families and the organization's sports & entertainment partners within the teams4taps, Stars4TAPS and Survivor Experiences programs to develop, manage and support programs designed to connect TAPS families with professional sports programs and the entertainment industry to bring hope and healing while honoring their fallen heroes.
- Develop and manage with the team, virtual, hybrid, and in-person events with the Sports & Entertainment department (and other TAPS departments as assigned). Serve as support or point of contact on logistical elements for events nationwide.
- Represent TAPS with surviving family members, current and former players, entertainers, executives and sponsors in a professional and appropriate manner.
- Manage, with the Sports and & Entertainment team, process for event execution.
- Utilize computer technology for events, communication, data gathering and reporting activities, such as virtual platforms (zoom), social media, graphic design, and event and contact management systems (including TAPS proprietary database)
- Draft and distribute various content pieces (including scripts, run of show drafting, biographies) as well as drafting and sending email event materials (invites, reminders, notices, post-event surveys).
- Manage application/registration process and oversee outreach to TAPS survivors for events. Design/Update systems and processes as needed.
- Maintain event timelines, trackers, and existing department processes and procedures.
- Work with each partner, donor or sponsor on events to ensure fulfillment of contract or grant obligations and be a support person for requests coming in from sponsors.
- Track and manage documentation of all in-kind donations for the Sports & Entertainment department.
- Mentor and train junior level staff and volunteers supporting the Sports & Entertainment team or Sports & Entertainment events.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor and/or the Vice President of Sports & Entertainment.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required (Marketing, Communications, Event and/or Sports Management or related field preferred)
- 4-6 year event, operations, sports & entertainment, and/or community relations experience required
- Familiarity/expertise with database management, online event registration and virtual event platforms
- Understanding the importance of building and managing long-term relationships
- Problem solver, highly organized, detail-oriented, calm under pressure; able to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Must be able to travel extensively (30-40%) as well as work nights, weekends, and holidays as scheduled
- Personable, tactful, compassionate, ability to interact with a diverse population
- Must be punctual, reliable and a team player
- Relevant experience in a non-profit, military and military families, and community base outreach preferred
- Marketing and/or sales experience preferred
- Experience working with media preferred
- Ability to carry a minimum of 15 lbs.
- Ability to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time (in all weather conditions)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Commensurate with experience
TAPS provides a range of benefits and three weeks of paid vacation per year.
Please email a resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org along with "Manager, Sports & Entertainment" and your name in the subject line. Include a cover letter that concisely explains how your experience could be applied to TAPS.
TAPS is an equal opportunity employer.