Manager, Government and Legislative Affairs
Posting Date: October 28, 2022
Reports to: Director, Government and Legislative Affairs
Location: TAPS National Headquarters, Arlington, Virginia
This position will be responsible for supporting policy and legislative issues at the federal and state level with special support for health care, TRICARE, and Department of Defense specific issues. Prospective applicants will need to be able to write Congressional testimony and research legislative issues.
- Research legislative and policy issues impacting the survivor community
- Draft Statements for the Record and oral testimony for Congressional hearings
- Actively participate in meetings covering health care and state issues impacting the survivor community
- Represent TAPS as assigned before the Department of Defense, Department of Veterans Affairs, and Congressional and State policymakers
- Other additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Political Science or Public Policy or 5-7 years related experience
- Passion to support the families of America’s fallen heroes
- Nonprofit experience required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Effective time management
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative setting
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Able to multitask
- Organized self-starter with a positive attitude
- Able to meet deadlines and work until the job is done
Commensurate with experience
TAPS provides a range of benefits and three weeks of paid vacation per year.
Please email a resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org along with "Manager, Government and Legislative Affairs" and your name in the subject line. Include a cover letter that concisely explains how your experience could be applied to TAPS.
TAPS is an equal opportunity employer.