Human Resources Generalist
Posting Date: June 9, 2021
Location: TAPS Headquarters in Arlington, Virginia
The Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors (TAPS) is in search of an experienced Human Resources (HR) Generalist who will be responsible for applying business knowledge and human resources expertise. He or she will assist in providing a wide range of HR support and advice. The successful candidate will play a key role in the success of the organization by offering guidance on recruitment, performance management, employee relations, Benefits, and HR best practices while facilitating a positive relationship between personnel and senior management.
- Develop, implement and administer employee policies
- Provide high-quality advice and service to management on daily employee relations and performance management issues
- Support the HR department in implementing programs to help improve the employee experience
- Assist with recruiting and onboarding
- Maintain ongoing relationships with varied online recruiting sources to ensure the selection of the most qualified candidates
- Identify ways to improve policies and procedures
- Provide support to HR team members
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or related discipline
- 5+ years’ experience in HR with an emphasis in recruiting
- Expertise in HR policies and procedures
- Strong knowledge of hiring processes
- Understanding of HR best practices and current regulations
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills
- Customer-focused attitude, with high level of professionalism and discretion
- Familiarity with MS Office suite
- Excellent communication skills
Commensurate with experience
TAPS provides a range of benefits and three weeks of paid vacation per year.
Please send a resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org along with "Human Resources Generalist" and your name in the subject line. Include a cover letter that concisely explains how your experience could be applied to TAPS.
TAPS is an equal opportunity employer.