Posting Date: December 18, 2019
Location: TAPS Headquarters in Arlington, Virginia
Reports to: Director, Communications
The graphics designer will be responsible for creating clear and compelling infographics that advance the TAPS story, for modern page design for print and digital collateral, and for effective use of fonts, colors, and photographs consistent with the TAPS brand. The designer will report to the director of communications and will work closely with writers, editors, and communications strategists.
- Create eye-catching infographics of varying degrees of complexity, including simple graphics that illustrate a single data point and complement a written story, and more complex standalone infographics using words and illustrations.
- Lay out single-page and multi-page collateral material, using modern design principles.
- Manipulate stock illustrations and create designs from scratch.
- Working with photo editor, select and manipulate photos to enhance collateral materials.
- Assist in developing and maintaining brand guidelines
- Bachelor's degree in graphic arts, design, or related skill.
- 5-7 years of experience
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite, particularly InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Expertise in typography and use of color.
- Experience preparing documents for print and coordinating with print companies.
- Experience designing for social media and websites.
- Advanced PowerPoint.
- Simple animation and Photography a PLUS
Candidates will be asked to share a portfolio of their work.
Commensurate with experience
TAPS provides a range of benefits and three weeks of paid vacation per year.
Please send a resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org along with "Graphic Designer" and your name in the subject line. Include a cover letter that concisely explains how your experience could be applied to TAPS.
TAPS is an equal opportunity employer.