Education Support Services Coordinator
This position will work with TAPS survivors who are eligible for education benefits.
JOB LOCATION: National Headquarters in Arlington, Virginia 22201
- Education Casework – handle questions that come to TAPS from our military survivors
Outreach – Proactive outreach to college age survivors through:
- Determine education benefit eligibility
- Enter all information into the data base
- Keep survivors informed
- Facilitate between schools, scholarships and student to ensure on-time payment to schools
- Attending TAPS Regional Seminars and events
- Research - Research and update resource tools to reflect the latest information on federal, state and private education benefits and scholarships, to include new resources or updated dollar values, eligibility, required documentation, etc.
- Special Projects - Contribute to special projects or other job responsibilities as needed/they arise.
- Events - Represent TAPS as a whole and/or Education Support Services at various events nationwide throughout the year when needed. Some events may require tabling opportunities and/or briefings in addition to attendance.
- Undergraduate degree preferred
- 3-5 years' experience in research
- Able to work independently, well organized and able to handle multiple requests
- Must be able to efficiently process requests with impeccable attention to detail
- Must be able to exercise sound judgement and discretion
- Must be tactful, compassionate, reliable and tenacious
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills; comfortable presenting to individuals or groups
- Able to exercise sound judgment and discretion
- Require intermediate skills in Google applications, such as Google Mail, Calendar, Drive, Sheets, Hangouts, etc.
- Knowledge of federal, state and private education benefits and scholarships a plus
Commensurate with experience
TAPS provides a range of benefits and three weeks of paid vacation per year.
Please send a resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org along with "Education Support Services Coordinator" and your name in the subject line. Include a cover letter that concisely explains how your experience could be applied to TAPS.
TAPS is an equal opportunity employer.