TAPS Care Groups Coordinator
Posting Date: September 24, 2021
Reports To: Care Groups Manager
TAPS Care Groups are support groups held nationwide for military survivors in the TAPS family. They are led by trained Peer Mentor facilitators and/or mental health professionals. The Care Groups Coordinator supports the TAPS mission by assisting with scheduling, communications, and administration of in-person and virtual care groups.
- Provide research support on potential care group locations by region
- Assist in identifying physical meeting space for potential care groups
- Create database registration for care groups
- Assist in registering care group attendee’s when needed
- Ensure virtual platforms are being used effectively and groups are efficiently scheduled
- Ensure communications platforms have current email list updates
- Assist with recruiting facilitators
- Provide administrative documents to incoming care group facilitators
- Connect with facilitators to provide follow-up care for care group participants as needed
- Respond to facilitators who may reach out with needs or for additional support
- Assist in keeping the monthly care group tracking documents contain most current information
- Work with manager to develop enhanced training materials for facilitators
- Support delivery of training for care group facilitators
- Must be military survivor, preferably a Peer Mentor
- Degree in psychology, social work, or a related field a plus
- Excellent oral or written skills with strong attention to details
- Ability to work in a collaborative and dynamic environment with time sensitive deadlines
- Ability to operate independently with a task-oriented focus
- Ability to attend scheduled virtual care group sessions as a tech lead
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office tools and Google Drive
- Experienced in managing sensitive interpersonal situations
- Effective at diffusing difficult or tense situations
- Experience working with survivors at many different life and grief stages
- Team player who can multitask
- Bilingual Spanish a plus
Commensurate with experience
TAPS provides a range of benefits and three weeks of paid vacation per year.
Please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org along with "TAPS Care Groups Coordinator" and your name in the subject line. Include a cover letter that concisely explains how your experience could be applied to TAPS.
TAPS is an equal opportunity employer.